Qashqai reliability

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Som3aa

Post by Som3aa »

Dears ,
I am going to buy the new qashqai and I am very worried because of the reviews that I read regarding the car reliability .
Many people are complaining from electric problems , tranmission problem , rattles and sounds from the interior.
I would like to know if nissan solved any of these problems or do they still exist till now? Do you think that new batches of the car still come with the same problems?
Is it a global problem or only a small percentage of owners faced those problems? Do you think I should buy it ? Would you recommend the car to a friend or would I be better off with the new tucson?

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Only small % of forum members report serious issues, and too many of their dealers don't understand "Customer Satisfaction" concept.
Check these independent write ups.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/qashqai
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ni ... hqai-2014/
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Som3aa

Post by Som3aa »

Check owner reviews here . The majority of the reviews are negative :
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/nissa ... er-reviews
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Som3aa, unfortunately this is one of those decisions that only you can make by reading write ups from the Press and Forums like this one and Test Drive's. Unfortunately in life there are a lot of people that just like to complain and be negative and where does it appear on Forums. Also a lot of these people just appear make their comments and disappear, you can make your own conclusions on that. Believe you me what is written here negatively or positively brings many good points home which should all be noted as it prepares you for the future. There has been and still are a lot of unhappy owners with problems but the major's like the CVT seems to have disappeared, Nissan Connect seems to ongoing and the Oil Problem which some owners still have has to be addressed to name a few.
Now our QQ Tekna is an 08/14 and yes there has been "Minor" problems, Roof Rails replaced, Tail Gate Shocks replaced, a Sensor replaced, Steering Squeak comes and goes and the Bonnet was re-aligned. All of these problems were dealt with through the Dealer / NCS without any arguments (we are in Germany) under Guarantee. It is to me important to use the Best Dealer, Test Drive the QQ's and ask questions. These sort of problems do not only exist by Nissan !.
We are personally very happy with our QQ, it drives well has all the gear which works, it is comfortable etc but again in the end you have to make the final decision - All the Best Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Dave's comments are in the main very true, look at the forums you will see good and bad points relating to the QQ, but I have been on many other forums recently whilst looking for a car for the wife, and you see just as many good, bad and atrocious comments on these as wll.
As a rule of thumb, I would suggest that you will see most of the negative comments tend to come from people who post just a few times, mainly to complain, but never come back to let us know the outcome. So I would be suspicious that some are false.

My car is coming up to two years old and apart from a plastic trim replaced beneath the windscreen under warranty, it has been totally trouble free. The advise about a good dealer is important as it also seems to be with every manufacturer.

As for value for money, try looking at other mid range cars and add the extras the QQ has, based around the Tekna model and you will be surprised what a good value package the QQ is, as on most cars you will be looking at over £30k

I have been looking at many cars for the wife and as I have posted on another thread, nothing in the £25-£32k price brand comes near the QQ apart from the Infiniti Q30...Regards Jon
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Agree with others most people use forums to moan rather than praise. I am awaiting delivery of mine but coming from a juke (which in some corners has a poor rep) I have 2 minor problems with it both related to poor quality trim components that were dealt with very swiftly be the dealer. Other than that been very pleased with the juke.

I have read bad things about the the QQ but after test driving 2 and reading a lot of press the general feeling is its a decent car. Looking at more premium brands for me to get something similar to the tekna you are looking at £7,000 more in general.

I hope you get one. Only you can decide
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Rustical

Post by Rustical »

We've had a few niggles with ours but I still think it is an excellent car and it seems that most agree. Its got a beefy build quality and doesn't feel puny. My partners quite petite and when she went from a DS3 to this I was sure she would find it huge, I was worried that her petite build did not give her the best visibility when in it. Great seat functions and the cameras really help her.
I'm not knocking her really but I thought she would struggle driving this. We've had this since new reg last April, and I think we must of been one of the lucky ones as for 3 months I could count how many I had seen on the road on one hand literally. We were told there was a 16 week waiting list when we went to pick it up. From ordering online we had it in just over a month.
Great car go for it, they don't do the Accenta premium anymore, so i'm not up to date with the latest spec be we got a good package glass roof as standard and a few extras added.
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

Gel wrote:Only small % of forum members report serious issues, and too many of their dealers don't understand "Customer Satisfaction" concept.
Check these independent write ups.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/qashqai
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ni ... hqai-2014/

Independent ???????

I suggest looking at the WHICH? car guide 2015/16, which is claimed to be independent .

The qashqai gets a TWO star rating on reliability.

that is very poor indeed by japanese standards.

the petrol model gets 89% , the diesel 85% , compared with most honda models and many fords and skoda at over 95% , the qashqai is way down the bottom end of the list ,

there is clearly a case to answer , its not just a few critics on here.

My view is nissan have come out with a really great car , but shot themselves in the foot on the vital reliability front .

in spite of this i have ordered a petrol xtronic , in the hope i will be lucky and major faults sorted after two years since launch .
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I consider car editors independent as would most; don't subscribe to Which but they would probably have included previous J10 models in their scores.
I see you have the previous model too but one you have on order is a big improvement on that.

See Reevoo ratings here of nearly 2600 users:
http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/vehicle/c ... views.html
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

[quote="Gel"]I consider car editors independent as would most; don't subscribe to Which but they would probably have included previous J10 models in their scores.
I see you have the previous model too but one you have on order is a big improvement on that.

-------------------------------

car editors are hardly independent - they take advertising .

The WHICH report i quoted is for the qashqai 2014 onward ONLY .

I am sure the qashqai is a much better car than my current PRIMERA, but we are talking RELIABILITY here , and if the qashqai turns out as reliable , i will be more than delighted .
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.