Glyn Hopkins Nissan Dealership in Watford rubbished

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

He may have found the Service Dept's attitude even worse!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... other.html
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Unfortunate if true, but personally after being a Mail reader for many years, I no longer buy it due to the many exaggerated and untrue stories they continually print. The paper has become just another common red top paper that has poor reporting always intending to shock.

I still read the free version on my IPAD, but again most of what you read is poor journalism often without any foundation. Perhaps Glyn Hopkins should be allowed to give their side of the story, but I doubt this will ever happen as the mail has now printed their "scoop".

My dealings with Hopkin's for parts etc. has been first class.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Davebex

Post by Davebex »

Not Glyn Hopkins related, but I had a shoddy experience with my local dealership. Popped up to have a look at the QQ, got collared by the salesman, so we had a chat and roughed out some figures. He gave me a brochure and told me to call or mail him for a test drive.

Emailed him two days later to arrange and got no response. Telephoned him, to be told by the receptionist that he was busy and would call me back.
That didn't happen, so I used the dealerships website form to try to arrange a test drive. He emailed me fairly sharpish apologising and saying that he was busy and also went on about Nissan arranging a lot of test drives which was overwhelming them a bit. He'd also got the day wrong that I'd asked for (a Sunday and he said a Saturday). I thought I'd do him a favour and suggested that as he was busy, I could do the test drive on a Monday.

Got absolutely no response. I was particularly narked because I was considering a lease deal which I knew wouldn't last long and during this palaver, they sold out on the offer. Fired off an email having a bit of a pop at him but got no reply. Went to the groups Facebook site and sent a PM (didn't want to rant publicly at that point) and they came back saying they take customer service very seriously etc. but I didn't hear anymore. Before that though, I went elsewhere and dealt with a guy who couldn't be more helpful - the downside is it's around 40 miles away, but still I'd rather use them and get decent service. He was telling me that Nissan apparently are very hot on this type of thing. Don't know how true that is. It's not like they've just lost the deal on the car either, there's the servicing and anything else I may want. Plus I'm hardly likely to recommend them and I wont' be going back there for the next car either or any other of their franchises - and they're a large group.
1.2 Dig-T N-Connecta (Comfort Pack) in Gunmetal
Danny

Post by Danny »

Glyn Hopkins are terrible. Went to both Watford and St Albans, left feeling disgusted from both. St Albans also has the worst record for servicing the car and extremely bad rep for customer service. They're also really expensive, managed to get a brand new N-tec, in a colour of my choice for the same price they offered me a 1 year old N-tec with 12,000 miles on the clock.

They play the numbers game well though but what they didn't know, was that i'd already done my research. So I knew exactly what they were doing. It's worth having a look in their, but I wouldn't buy from them.
2016 - 1.2 Xtronic - N-tec + - Blade Silver
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Davebex / Danny, unfortunately this is not only related to Nissan Dealerships there are good and bad everywhere. Before we bought the QQ we visited some of the bigger German Manufacturers and just as an example, you try and get some attention in these Showrooms when you have your DIY Gear on that is Jean's and T-Shirt. Even if you have the money. Here we use one of a small Family Dealer's Garages and I do know that they get visits checking their customer service and we have also had calls after buying the QQ and after the Servicing asking about Customer satisfaction. Again the principle is, if you find a goodun stay with them - Dave ;)

PS : I have ordered QQ parts from Berlin on Glyn Hopkins UK Websit / Telephone and I must say the Service was excellent.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken