I first day comments

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Hi all. Picked the car up at 10 am. Already to go with a full tank of petrol ! Heavens opened at 10.30 am and was awful until about 2 pm.

Dealer handover was good ( Ancaster Bromley). Was on my way in about 40 mins. Dealer went through the items I asked him to go through. Coming from a 2 year old juke a fair bit was the same.

Took the car for 30 mile drive.
Observations are it's very quiet and seems much better put together than the juke. Lots more technology on the tekna and very much like all the safety features and the camera views which my juke didn't have.
Love the panoramic roof makes the cabin very airy.
Seats very very comfortable although not quite as grippy as the Nismo but nice. Leather seems very nice and the seat heating very efficient.

1.6 unit seems to pull quite well atlthough obviously feels very tight. Taking it for a run at the weekend which should add just 200 miles to the car.

Very pleased with the experience.

Only minor initial niggle was the safety kit was missing from the boot but dropped in the dealer later and they passed it I with an apology. Also the front right parking sensor went off for about 5 seconds when I was driving along. I presume the rain/dirt from the road set it off for some reason?

Will report again next week
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Teaching granny to suck eggs here!.....
Dont over rev it for the first tankfull or two, but at the same time dont just dilly dally along like a blind oap. Use the full , normal rev range. Check the oil after each of the first two or three tanks of fuel. Check your tyre pressures now....dealers are renowned for sending cars onto the road with tyre pressures way out. Listen to your car, keep the radio off for a good while. Treat it like a new puppy. Enjoy.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks gvmdaddy. I know most that. Appreciate it though. Tyre pressures - rely on the tpm screen or check them manually? Trying to remember earlier when I switched it off for the day fronts showing 36 and rears 33. I'll check the hand book.
Thanks again
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Check manually. After a good run the figures you show would be about right. From cold they should be 33 front, 30 rear, unladen.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Paul, what Map software did you get. I just picked mine up today (3rd of March) and I still have the 2013 SD card. Just wondering if the dealer has done a sneaky switch.
2016 - 1.2 Xtronic - N-tec + - Blade Silver
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Just a quick update after 250 miles.
Car rides very nicely and feels very quiet compared to the juke. I do really like the pano roof. Everything seems to work okay although had the parking sensor go off once for no real reason the day I picked it up. Engine feels very tight and had little or no go in it whilst in 6th gear - I wasn't trying very hard but I am sure this will get better.
Lots of toys that one or two things are still a little bit of a mystery as when I turn into my cul de sac at home a wavy road/z bend sign comes up with a beep ?!?
No real initial niggles other than the fact of coming home on Sunday night the TPM system beeped and had 5 psi low pressure in the right front tyre - unbelievably got a nail in it ! Hopefully a puncture repair will work (appears to be a very slow puncture on looking at it this morning) but possibly a new tyre on the cards ! Cant blame the car for this.

Very pleased and it feels very grown up compared to the Juke, although obviously the Nismo had some real go in it which I wont get in the QQ but looking forward to putting on some more miles and the engine loosening up a bit to find out what its performance is more like.

So far so good (other than the puncture !!!)
All the best
Paul
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Approach the bend to your cul de sac slower and you won't get the dangerous corner warning as it's speed related.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Thanks but no bend a right turn. I'll try it though
All the best
Paul
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Puncture sorted today. Fortunately it was a repairable one ! Let's hope no more. Have not had a puncture for 10 years !
All the best
Paul
Danny

Post by Danny »

Thats unlucky. What are your tyre pressures? Mine are 37 front and then 33 and 32 on the back. Is that the same as yours? Im guessing the 32 is supposed to be 33 as well.
2016 - 1.2 Xtronic - N-tec + - Blade Silver