Window Problem, Well not quite!

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Collected my son this evening after waiting for 15 minutes in the car. I decided to open the windows a few inches to keep the car from steaming up as it was drizzling outside.

He arrived and I unlocked the boot so he could place his rucksack and coat in there. He got into the car, I started up the engine and went to shut the windows. The drivers window shut but the passenger window stayed open a few inches. We cursed!

Drove him home 30 miles in the rain and he held the arm of his coat over the window switches so they would not get wet.

Once we arrived an investigation into fuses ensued. Bad details in the plastic covers Nissan as we had no joy behind the glovebox or on the Drivers side. In the engine compartment was no help either. After half an hour in the rain we gave up.

So we concluded that I would have to drive home another 7 miles with the window open.

He went to the boot to get his gear and I unlocked it on my armrest. In doing so I felt a slight wobble to the left side of the switch. That was strange so I tried the windows again and they worked.

Lo and behold after getting a torch we found that I had touched the window locking button next to the car door locking switches. Illumination of these switches is no longer provided as in the J10 the switches could be a distraction in the windscreen at night.

If only Nissan had moulded in a small eighth of an inch wall between these switches this would never have happened.
1.5 Dci Acenta Premium, Magnetic Red, Towbar and 7 Pin Electrics, Spare Wheel, ALA Gap Insurance, Poor out of date expensive £109 Maps from Nissan

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Been there - done that - I drove to the dealer! Only half a mile... Felt a right fool!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

The silly thing is that all other cars I have had only lock the back doors or windows.
1.5 Dci Acenta Premium, Magnetic Red, Towbar and 7 Pin Electrics, Spare Wheel, ALA Gap Insurance, Poor out of date expensive £109 Maps from Nissan
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

I took the door card off again before I realised that I had inadvertently pressed the lock button.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.