Hugh pitch noise

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Bluesmoggie73
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Bluesmoggie73 »

Just a quick question, 2014 QQ 1.5 ntec+ when I turn the car ignition off and get out the car there's a high pitch noise coming from the engine (not ear piercing) only lasts about 5 sec, is this normal? Apart from that the QQ is living up to all one thought it is. Nothing to find faults with maybe the wind noise (whistling) noise. But can live with that. Mileage great just been to Manchester and back 240 miles round trip averaging 63mpg. Sat nav great with the lane change info, very easy to use. So far very impressed with QQ. Another question just thought of I have 1 years warranty left is there anything I should get changed or checked before it runs out.
Thanks for any replys

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Maybe the turbo cooling down, especially if you've been on long run; obviously get car serviced within guarantee period, just in case.
I intend to get mine MOT'd 30 days prior, to Year 4 from registration, so again if any issues can be remedied
by Dealer.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Not quite sure how the QQ works, but its common for a turbo to be water cooled. So a small electric pump circulates the coolant water for a period of time after engine shutdown. If the QQ works like this, then it's a possibility the electric pump is on its way out. I would get this checked out just in case as it could lead to premature turbo failure.

As a lot of cars these days have start / stop, so there is a high chance your qq will have this?
Gel wrote:Maybe the turbo cooling down, especially if you've been on long run; obviously get car serviced within guarantee period, just in case.
I intend to get mine MOT'd 30 days prior, to Year 4 from registration, so again if any issues can be remedied
by Dealer.
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

You can only change things under warranty if they have failed - not if they might fail
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I guess it all comes down the interpretation of fail.
Coupe racing wrote:You can only change things under warranty if they have failed - not if they might fail
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

The high-pitched noise is electronic, and yes, it's normal.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I concur with Hound. Mines done it from day one.