Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

My QQ has reached 10 thousand miles! Yay!

tenthou.jpg

It had three miles on the clock when I collected it.

To celebrate (and because it's sunny) I fitted some wireless illuminated sill plates in black chrome.

box.jpg

ledplate.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Im surprised at your low CO2 saving figure. Mine was somewhere in the region of 20kg when I'd done 10k miles?
Your annual mileage is extremely low as well.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I think the CO2 figure is cleared when I reset the fuel economy every now and again, and it was certainly wiped when the car had a new AGM battery programmed in. I estimated 5500-6000 miles a year when buying, so I'm pretty much right as there's almost three months left before its second year is up.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The CO2 figure remains even when you reset the fuel economy etc, but I suppose its possible that swapping the battery out could wipe the figures back to zero.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I think I reset everything to factory spec once as well, but as you say it's probably the battery swap that's the main culprit.

Just call me a Planet Killer! :twisted:
Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

Do you have a link to where you got the sill plate covers from ? They look really good.
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dig-T in Pearl White with Panoramic Roof. Westfalia detachable/hidden tow bar system.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Stu, I am sure Hound will answer you but just take a look on the websites these things are every where now. Take a look at the attachment using AliExpress and you will see what I mean - Dave ;)

IMG_2026.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound

Post by Hound »

Saudistu wrote:Do you have a link to where you got the sill plate covers from ? They look really good.
I got them from Automotive Enhancements a while ago, and have only just got round to putting them in. Unlike most of the stuff on eBay, AliExpress etc, these are wireless, running off button cell batteries and activated by a magnet that you attach to the bottom of the door.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Car-Styling- ... B018D3BPIG

If you want silver rather than black, those come with non-illuminated rear plates as well.
http://eshop.automotive-enhancements.co ... AT-5007090

Both black and silver sets are really for the older model QQ but can be made to fit the J11.
Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

Thanks Guys. I looked at Aliexpress earlier. I know everything comes from China, are they pretty reliable ?
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dig-T in Pearl White with Panoramic Roof. Westfalia detachable/hidden tow bar system.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I've only ever bought inexpensive odds and ends from AliExpress (window switch chrome accents, glove box matt chrome cover, door lock covers, car glasses case, LED bulbs), but they've all been fine and I've never had a problem buying from AliExpress. No doubt the stainless steel grille trim and the mudguards I bought from Automotive Enhancements originated in China too.