First few weeks with new N Connecta 1.5DCi

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

raefil wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:27 pm Perhaps my only gripe of my QQ is the conti tyres, im very light footed on the revs but the front tyres were done by 30k
Mine were done by 20k, so you will be doing well at 30k. I went for Avon ZX7's for mine - set of four boots from Black Circles and I find them a bit quieter than the Continentals, and they seem to have better grip also.
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;

switchback

Post by switchback »

Mine did 22000 miles. Replaced with Pirelli Scorpion Verde's.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
fbgqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by fbgqashqai »

Well now had the QQ for 5000 miles and lowest mpg for a tank of diesel so far is 59.3 mpg so well chuffed. Had the odd niggle with sensors when they are dirty but nothing too serious and a quick wipe down has solved the problem. Tyre wear (18" wheels) is minmal and I can't see them needing replacement (front only) before 30k miles. I have a couple of rattles near the passenger door/air vent so will investigate in the spring. I have a couple of other odd issues neither of whch are serious. The first is the headlights, when it is cold (less than 10 deg C) and I drive off in the dark to work, the headlight brightness pulses for about 5 mins usually within about the first mile of so of driving. I am putting this down to the smart charging system and will discuss at the first service. The second issue which again maybe related to the charging system is my Nextbase dashcam turns its screen back on occasionally when set to be off. I think this maybe pulses in the voltage supplied to the socket in the central arm rest. It could also be that the dashcam doesn't like the brand of sd card so another one on its way. If this doesn't work I may look into fitting a voltage regulator to this socket. So far though very happy with the car.
fbgqashai 2017 J11a N Connecta 1.5DCi in Silver
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

fbgqashqai wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:29 pm Well now had the QQ for 5000 miles and lowest mpg for a tank of diesel so far is 59.3 mpg so well chuffed. Had the odd niggle with sensors when they are dirty but nothing too serious and a quick wipe down has solved the problem. Tyre wear (18" wheels) is minmal and I can't see them needing replacement (front only) before 30k miles. I have a couple of rattles near the passenger door/air vent so will investigate in the spring. I have a couple of other odd issues neither of whch are serious. The first is the headlights, when it is cold (less than 10 deg C) and I drive off in the dark to work, the headlight brightness pulses for about 5 mins usually within about the first mile of so of driving. I am putting this down to the smart charging system and will discuss at the first service. The second issue which again maybe related to the charging system is my Nextbase dashcam turns its screen back on occasionally when set to be off. I think this maybe pulses in the voltage supplied to the socket in the central arm rest. It could also be that the dashcam doesn't like the brand of sd card so another one on its way. If this doesn't work I may look into fitting a voltage regulator to this socket. So far though very happy with the car.
You’ll need new rubber on the front by around 18-20k miles.
tophat57
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by tophat57 »

Are Continental tyres standard on the new QQ? Mine came with Mitchelin's, but there seems to be a lot of talk about Continental's on here.
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........
fbgqashqai

Post by fbgqashqai »

Well here we are 1 year down the road and 10k miles on the clock. My Qashqai has behaved pretty faultlessly during this time. I use the car for longish commutes (when not using my MX5 in this wonderful weather) and the odd longer weekend journeys. Of late I have been moving a lot of heavy waste helping my daughter clear her new back garden. The car continues to deliver around 60 mpg a tank with the lowest around 58 mpg and a high around mid 60s.

The Continental tyres are holding up well with 6mm left on the front and 7mm on the rears so I fully expect over 20k on the fronts before they need changing.

The car has just been in for its first fixed price service (£219 inc VAT) at Smiths of Peterborough where I bought the car. I can honestly say the experience was very pleasant from start to finish (only better if cheaper lol). I dropped the car off one evening and ready for collection the next morning by 10 a.m. The mapping software was updated and they looked at a rattle by the glove box/passenger door. They think I need a new glove box so they are pursuing a warranty claim for me. I'll update as this progresses. This is my third car through Smiths (previous 2 were Renault Scenics) and I can't fault their customer service at all.
Den123
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Den123 »

Hope I can find a dealer that good mate thanks
fbgqashqai

Post by fbgqashqai »

Following the first service, QQ returned to have glove box replaced. Wife took it in so didn't get chance to chat with the technician who did the work so unsure if this is all they did. However, they appear to have been largely successful and my rattle from near the front passenger door/air vents has gone. Hopefully it'll stay that way as I am enjoying the silence.
Clarky94
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Clarky94 »

fbgqashqai wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:34 am Recently broke the 1000 mile mark and so far so good. Fitted the spare wheel kit which takes up a little boot space but not a serious issue. Now on third tank of diesel (first tank returned 66.9 mpg and second 64.5 (more spirited driving/extra weight from spare wheel?). Weather permitting will fit new twin horns this weekend.
Sorry to hijack - Which horns are you planning to fit?
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights
fbgqashqai

Post by fbgqashqai »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Fitted about 10 months ago, quite happy with them although I only paid £6.99 when I bought them