Another Nissan? No Chance!

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
mccarthm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by mccarthm »

Another Nissan? No chance!

It is by far the biggest one-off purchase I have ever made. And for a while I was proud to be one of the thousands of Nissan Qashqai owners around the world.

Despite the makes truly international mix (Japanese firm, French engine etc) it also felt good to support the British workers who put my vehicle together.

But sorry fellow owners after 16 months of driving my Qashqai - I’ve had enough. Why?

Well because I don’t expect the legs to fall off a brand new sofa after such a short period. I don’t expect the components that help keep my fridge cool to pack in after less than a year and a half. So why do Nissan suggest I should take responsibility for the fact that the clutch/flywheel on my Qashqai should give up the ghost after such a short span of time?

I know, I know. It’s regular practise among manufacturers to put the failure down to “wear and tear” or even “driving style” (even though in my case I’d only reached 25,000 miles and am hardly a boy racer!)

And I’m aware that warranties mean little when the manufacturer relies on the old “wear and tear” excuse. By the way - I certainly feel worn and torn after dealing with Nissan complaints dept.

But would the sofa manufacturer tell me: “Sorry sir - it’s the way you’ve been sitting on it!” Or would the makers of my fridge try to tell me: “I’m afraid you’ve been putting in the wrong kind of food?”

So after being charged £1,800 by Nissan my questions to the company are these: “Isn’t it about time you stopped leaving people like me high and dry? Do you think my driving style changed the minute I got into my Qashqai? (I’ve been driving many different makes and models over many years without clutch problems.) and When you can’t prove what caused the clutch to fail why do you expect the customer to foot the bill?

Sure - the mechanic called it “wear and tear”. I call it a cop out.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Please remove this post as it is a duplicate of the one you posted earlier.
mccarthm

Post by mccarthm »

My apologies. Genuine error. How do I delete?
Gel

Post by Gel »

Go back to the post, and use DELETE option.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D