Advise on after Ex Demo purchase

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Clarky94
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Clarky94 »

i have recently purchased a (5 weeks ago) 2017 facelift tekna 1.5 cdi qashqai - but i am quite concerned that something has happened to the front of the vehicle in the pas,t i purchased it from a Vauxhall dealer via a Nissan dealer in their group

My reason for these concerns is just after i purchased i noticed that both the front wheel arch trims have broken clips looking like they have been pulled off but there is no damage to them just they done sit flush on the car - i have been waiting for 4 weeks for the supplying dealer to to replace them in the mean time i have noticed other things that were caused for concerns

The 3 plastic clips holding the plastic under floor plan were loose and caused it to rattle i replaced them and and its fine, also i found 10 missing plastic black trip clips on various panels on the front of the car, making me think that something has happened to in the past.

Someone has replaced some of the front panels and not replaced all the fixings
It came from the factory with all these clips missing
Someone tried a bodge fix

also under the bonnet there is a rust like stain on one area the bonnet just to the right of the battery

Should i get the vehicle independently accessed and charge it back, the car is on finance would they pay for the survey?
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Speak to the finance company telling them you intend to reject the car as it sounds as if it's been
in front end collision, which should have been declared to you.
Try the DVLA Reg Document and see if you can contact previous owner,

Obviously you weren't dealing directly with the Nissan dealership.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Clarky, you have obviously laid out a sum of money and you should not have had the wool pulled over your eyes. There are always the comments on Nissan Quality but looking at your comments IMHO the QQ would not have got through Quality Control.
Out here you can use the ADAC (RAC / AA) or Independent Assessors to give you a Technical Report and this you then have in “Black & White” to wave around. OK it will cost you but might be well worth it if it gets “Legal”. As Gel has mentioned you need to dig in on if this was in an accident, get your camera out also and take pics of any areas you are worried about. What would worry me is if all these plastic clips are missing or damaged what is the Body like - All the Best Dave (Clark) :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken