FAQ: Common issues/opinions

Frequently Asked Questions
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I have created this thread to keep a track of smaller common faults, or some peoples opinions regarding some aspects of the car.As all threads in the FAQ section, I will let people post their own comments but over time I will pick out information, merge it into this post and delete your original to keep things clean and easy to follow. This is a place to add notes, not a place for chat or argue! Thanks BatteryIt has been reported a number of times that the new QQ battery is going flat "for no reason". It seems a number of people have had this issue and the solution is a replacement battery. It appears in most cases that the battery is being replaced under warranty by Nissan for cars 12 months or less. It is unknown how Nissan will respond once the car is older than 12 months as batteries are classed as consumable items. HeadlightsIt has been commented several times that some users find that both the halogen and LED headlights are emitting less light than expected, where some users find them fine. If you are in a position where you feel they are poor, first of all ensure they are clean, and second, arrange a visit to your dealer to ensure that the level is set correctly! Some users have commented how they do not like the colour of the LED headlights. As these units are sealed, there is not much you can really do about it other than pick up this in your research before buying the car! For halogen lights, changing the bulb with an alternative may improve things further. Panoramic RoofOne forum member wrote:"I thought it would be great when I first got the car but must admit it did not live to expectations . To hot in the summer and makes it to cold in the winter. Shut it in the summer defeats the object of having it and when I shut it in the winter I get lots of condensation on the glass roof ." Personally, I don't mind having the glass roof, although I do find that its mostly closed than open. My 18 month old loves it though and either helps send him to sleep, or shuts him up crying! RattlesThere are many reports of rattles.So far it has been identified:1. Door card rattles. This can be DIY solved using small felt pads with a sticky backing2. Dash rattles. Some of these are loose components. I myself had a loose BMC unit3. Rattle from glove box4. Some rattles originate from the engine bay that sound like they are coming from somewhere else. Check for loose pipes that have come away from their retaining clips5. Loose exhaust heat shield. 360* CamerasThere are 4 cameras, on up front in the Nissan badge, 1 on the underside of each wing mirror and 1 next to the boot hatch unlock switch. It has been noted that the quality of the cameras is not so good at night. This will be because there is no infra red function. Ensure that the cameras are clean will improve overall visibility and function. The rear camera has a "wash and blow dry" function and can sometimes be heard working which may make the driver a little nervous thinking "what's that noise? Audio qualitySome people have reported that they are less than impressed with the audio quality of the speakers. This is down to personal opinion than a fault however ensure that the audio settings are set as you wish in the connect menu and also ensure that the source media is high quality. It is not unknown for some MP3s to be of lower quality to save storage space which could give the impression that the speakers are worse than they are. Speakers appear reasonably easy to replace. The door card needs removing. Some owners have opted to install a small under seat sub which can improve the lower range audio. WipersIt has been commented that leaving the wipers on "auto" could result in the wipers operating immediately with a frozen screen causing damage to the wiper blades. On other makes, some cars limit the wiper operation until you have started driving, the QQ does not do this however. It is best to check in this situation that the wipers are set to the OFF position before turning the ignition on. In addition, there is presently no washer fluid low level warning fitted to the J11 QQ. Boot DoorOne member has posted that they are a little miffed about only having 1 grab handle on the right. With all the Nissan's I have owned, I have never known then to have 2nd grab handle. It has also been noted that the boot door can touch the hatch area causing a small paint rub down to metal. Mine had this and was fixed by adjusting the boot 'bump stops' and then treating the affected area with touch up paint. Roof RailsA number of members have reported, and shown pictures of their roof rails end caps with what appear to be 'micro scratches'. These can be difficult to see and you need to look at the end caps in the right light to see them. We suspect it will be a repaint or replace job. Awaiting further update from members and dealers. Please review separate FAQ's for the following:Blind spotSpare WheelDPFRemoved features (auto door locking...)

SplanK2015-04-22 08:03:21

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

AutoDoor Locking I did experiment with one of those plug in CANBUS accessories to activate; unfortunately they don't work on 2014 QQ Did specifically ask if OK for 2014, and they said yes. However, following my feedback, see they've now updated their www. http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6381 ... 7114589990
Gel2014-12-23 11:30:47
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

The J10 Acceta had only one fault ..a bad heaterThe J11 Acentia is deficient in the following areas..No rear park bleepers ( the ones I bought for £8.99 work perfect)No spare wheel ..had to buy a mitsubishi one (£40) and a jack on e bay.When the double boot floor is removed you need to take out the plastic supports or you loose 3 inches in width.The moulded supports for the rear parcel shelf are rubbish.Pockets in back of front seats are now solid so I cannot see what is in them.the central console does not slide.. the catch is a pain as is the silly top draw insideThe gun draw has gone..The door pockets are smaller ..not full length of door.The anti roll back is not sensitive enough.Buttons on remote over sensitive causing locks to operate when remote is in your pocket not to mention when the wife excavates in her handbag ..100m range is too muchThe handbrake on a reasonable slope needs loads of revs and clutch to release it.Big clunk.Seems to be a problem changing the rear brake pads..The stop start is unpredictable and you cannot permenently turn it off ..its a pain in the ass.The turbo now comes in much later (1750 rpm) often leaving you in the wrong gear..the old one pulled like a train from about 1250. 6 th gear is therefore not as flexible..more changing down.No fuse box markings or handbook designation diagram.Big open space in the grill to allow stones to directly impact the radiator core...bad bad.The light are terrible ..H9s make them acceptable but have had to put HID in to get a safe kerb view. There is just not enough light going left due to bad shield design.

pistnbroke2014-12-26 10:20:45
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

pistnbroke, the remark that had me in stitches was " The gun draw has gone"
Regarding everything else, I have views on these, some I agree with, some not so much. I also could mention a few more niggles.
I will refrain from commenting further just now for fear of being toldmI'm being either negative or argumentative.
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

"The light are terrible"Not sure what I've got then - last weekend we drove down a duel carriageway with the outside lane coned off and I was having trouble seeing where I was going due to my headlights lighting up the reflective sleeves on the cones. The reflected light was stronger than anything I've encountered before! I wouldn't want my QQ lights to be any brighter.Yes, it's a shame there is no gun draw. I have to keep my Smith and Wesson in the waistband of my trousers.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

You have bi-led headlights. Piston, like myself, has halogen based lights. I don't think they are quite as bad as he does but they are not great on the standard bulbs. Now if only they had put in a shotgun rack to replace the pistol holder. :-)
Nissan no more...
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Okay, understand. Bi-LED are BI-LEDdy good for me. We had halogens on our previous car and I wished we'd gone for the xenons.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

Try your lights in a narrow country lane with no white lines in the pitch black....then get a local comming the other way who knows the road ...the brake is the middle pedal....
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

[quote="pistnbroke"]Try your lights in a narrow country lane with no white lines in the pitch black....then get a local comming the other way who knows the road ...the brake is the middle pedal....[/QUOTE]Come on now, you keep posting like the standard lights on the Acenta Premium are worthless when they aren't. I use them every night, including on many occasions in the pitch black on country lanes, what with living in a rural area.I have never, and I mean never once thought, these lights suck, I better stop before I crash. The way you post this is exactly how I should feel when driving in the dark.Maybe you just have very poor night vision.
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

I find it strange that a j10 is fine and a week later a j11 is terrible....I turn the lights on ..my wife says did you turn the lights on ..?? I look at the dash indicator and say yes....but please dont argue ..You are happy and now I am happly