Unlocking Doors

Frequently Asked Questions
max

Post by max »

Picked up my Tekna 1.6 xtronic the other day and think it is absolutely superb!
I am someone who has to know how everything works and will spend hours with the handbook. However, I just can't open the bl**dy doors!!! Can do it fine with the key fob but pressing the button on the door does absolutely nothing!
The Rav 4 I just traded in had touch sensitive handles and worked beautifully. Anyone have any thoughts?
Many thanks.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Assuming you have i key, button on front doors & round one on rear tailgate should operate, as
long as you have your i key in your pocket/hand.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
max

Post by max »

Thank you.
I'll try again tomorrow but must have attempted it 20 times. Neither front door nor the boot will open. There is simply no response when I press the button ( no clicking noise). Not the end of the World as I can use the fob but it is obviously not as convenient.
QQ1234

Post by QQ1234 »

Something's wrong if you can't open the door by pressing the handle button. You shouldent need to use the fob directly. What about starting the car?
QQ 2015 1.6 Dig-T Gun Metal
Mods so far: LED interior lights, Side steps, Spare wheel, PIAA twin horns, Boot entry protector, Vinyl sill protection.
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

The button on the passenger door was faulty in mine and needed replacement. You would be extremely unlucky if you have 3 faulty switches.
Is the button shielded by a phone or something when you are standing at the door?
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
QQ1234

Post by QQ1234 »

Might the battery in the fob be almost dead?
Mods so far: LED interior lights, Side steps, Spare wheel, PIAA twin horns, Boot entry protector, Vinyl sill protection.
max

Post by max »

Car starts perfectly and to my knowledge my phone has been indoors when I have tried the doors on several occasions.
I can hear the car unlock with the fob, as I have said there is no reaction at all to pressing the door buttons.
Could it be something in the settings?
max

Post by max »

Fob is brand new but I could try the spare ???
QQ1234

Post by QQ1234 »

With my fob 1 meter away from the car I can open the doors with the door button. If I hold my fob away from the car at full arms length approx 1.6meters it wont unlock. I normally just have it in my pocket. It always works even under a few layers of clothing.
max

Post by max »

Tried again this morning, no luck at all. Guess I'll have to book it in.