FAQ: Guide for Subwoofer in QQ2014

Frequently Asked Questions
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

i finally got to install a pioneer ts-WX110A subwoofer in my 2014 qq today, i originally wanted to install the Pioneer TS_WX610A spare wheel subwooferhttp://www.pioneer.eu/dk/products/25/131/201/T ... ge.htmlbut after measuring i found that it wouldn't fit the boot, it was way to highbut i had the TS-WX110A lying in the basement, from my previous KIA SPORTAGE, where it was mounted under the seat, and sounded very well in the sportage.after i got it out, i found that it fits perfectly underneath the drivers seat in the qq, under the driverseat, the floor is lowered a bit, and the pioneer fits 100% in the lowered place (hope this makes sense)since the nissanconnect doesn't have subwoofer output, i had to plug into the rear speakers signal, and feed the subwoofer with the speaker input, it has a built in low pass filter, so it should accept a full range signal.here is a small step to step guide1. we first removed the A Pillar covers, they snap off pretty hard, and expect to break some of the plastic holders, luckily by friend has a garage, and had some new lying around2. then we removed the rear door sill cover, to gain access to the wires.3. the wires you will need to tap into are, for the left rear speaker (red and white, they are the only 2 wires that are wrapped around each other, and for the right side, (green and grey, they are also wrapped around each other, we spliced the cables and soldered them together with the hardess for the subwoofer.4. in the middle console box you can take the back off very easily, we took the socket of the 12volt outlet, and spliced the power cables for the subwoofer to these cables, they provide 10 Amp, and thats enough for the subwoofer.The subwoofer also need a second positive signal to turn on, but since the 12volt outlet in the middle console box, shuts off automatically after 30 seconds, we spliced both the main 12volt and the steering 12 volt to the same cable, and put everything back together.The negative cable can also be connected to the 12volt outlet wires, and thats all you needthe wires for the speakers, run into the back of the middle console box, where the power also is, and is assembles there, and is not visible when the console box is reassembled.after that, everything was put back together, and the sound quality is dramatically improved.here is a picture of the subwoofer with the seat moved all the way forwardif you experience that the sound from the subwoofer is strange, then you have reversed one of the inputs (trust me, i did at first.)SincerelyCarsten LarsenDenmark
kramrolyat702014-04-08 10:20:36

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

can we sticky this?
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

fine by me, but i think its a moderator that have to do ithope the guide makes sense, otherwise feel free to ask.i£m so happy with my qq right now, it was the only thing that it wasn't happy with, the stock sound, its still not the perfect sound i wanted, but 100% better than without, and i don't want to make any further changes to the car
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

No I think this should be stuck its handy and will help a lot that want to go down that route mate
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

Okay, what i meant, is that i cant make it stocky, i think it has to be a moderater that makes it sticky
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

Stocky = sticky
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

Thanks Blackbox100 for uploading the guide. Moderator please make this Sticky..
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

It's as sticky as sticky can be.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

[quote="kramrolyat70"]It's as sticky as sticky can be.[/QUOTE]
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

[quote="Blackbox100"]1. we first removed the A Pillar covers, they snap off pretty hard, and expect to break some of the plastic holders, luckily by friend has a garage, and had some new lying around[/QUOTE]Why did you remove covers on A pillars for? I was under impression that access to them will be close to B pillars as your post in other topic:"I tapped into both speakers, to get 2 inputs that the subwoofer wantsThe center console, just snaps open if you open it from the backseat, its very easy to get into, and doesnt involve any toolsNo wires are visible today, unless you move the seat all the way forwardd, then you can see 1 small black wire in each side"[quote="Blackbox100"]2. then we removed the rear door sill cover, to gain access to the wires.3. the wires you will need to tap into are, for the left rear speaker (red and white, they are the only 2 wires that are wrapped around each other, and for the right side, (green and grey, they are also wrapped around each other, we spliced the cables and soldered them together with the hardess for the subwoofer.4. in the middle console box you can take the back off very easily, we took the socket of the 12volt outlet, and spliced the power cables for the subwoofer to these cables, they provide 10 Amp, and thats enough for the subwoofer.The subwoofer also need a second positive signal to turn on, but since the 12volt outlet in the middle console box, shuts off automatically after 30 seconds, we spliced both the main 12volt and the steering 12 volt to the same cable, and put everything back together.The negative cable can also be connected to the 12volt outlet wires, and thats all you needthe wires for the speakers, run into the back of the middle console box, where the power also is, and is assembles there, and is not visible when the console box is reassembled.
[/QUOTE]
I don't understand the part with second positive signal. What is
steering 12v? If 12v shuts down after 30 sec is it necessary to get second
positive signal then? Is it possible to attach wires for powering up the
subwoofer to only one 12 outlet?

I have attached drawing to simplify all this and if could perhaps
add some notes to it that would be appreciated. Thanks