FAQ: Guide for Subwoofer in QQ2014

Frequently Asked Questions
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Not if the sub-woofer also has a set of "High Level" inputs, these can be connected directly to the speaker wiring.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)

mdk11

Post by mdk11 »

Hi,Sorry to keep asking on this thread but I didn't find the correct one.I need to know front speaker wiring colors, especially to understand which color is +/-Could you please help me?Many thanksMax
RDowson

Post by RDowson »

So what side are the speaker wires on when the car is right hand drive?
RDowson

Post by RDowson »

[quote="RDowson"]So what side are the speaker wires on when the car is right hand drive?[/QUOTE]Anyone know? I'm about to buy a sub but don't want to rip off more body panels than I need to!
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

I certainly don't and it appears neither does anyone else reading this thread. I suspect your best chance is to leaf through the earlier posts and send a PM - if you get the answer then post back here with it?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
billybz

Post by billybz »

Hi Carsten, thanks for posting the sub woofer info. I have just bought a QQ 2013 1.6dci Tekna it has a bose system in it and although Bose have a great name I still thinks it lacks some punch so I would like to add a subwoofer...reading some of the info on my Bose system it says there is a subwoofer in the spare wheel well. To be honest I don't think I would try to do it myself I would have to go to a shop. Can I still add a sub woofer I would like to add a tv on a drop down visor passenger side. I am on Merseyside and the nearest place I can seem to get these things done is Manchester....
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

You can get the shop to add an underseat sub, any shop should be able to
RDowson

Post by RDowson »

So is there a solution to the always live 12v supply in the centre console?

Where can I connect the remote turn-on lead for the sub?
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

The front 12v cig lighter near the handbrake switch is always live, but the one in the actual centre console box is only live when you enter the car. It will switch off when the ignition is switched off and the door is opened. So this should be an ideal place to connect anything that only requires a live when in the car.The other alternative is to fit a piggy back connector to the ignition fuse behind the glove box, bottom row, third from right 5 AMP which is ignition switched. If you look for my earlier thread regarding fitting a dash cam you will see photo's of where the live pick up was fitted.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
RDowson

Post by RDowson »

Does anyone know which speaker wires are positive and which ones are the negative?

Also, are they on each side? So right speaker cables under the right door sill and left under the left door sill?

Am I right in saying the 12v positive and negative are the same colour cable? Guessing I'd need a voltmeter for that one?