FAQ: Guide for Subwoofer in QQ2014

Frequently Asked Questions
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

[quote="jonceebee"]
I am not saying sub woofer fitters are the base ball back to front, vibrate the car brigade like the young lads in the Corsa's etc. But it might be worth remembering if you let your kids take the car out for a spin[/QUOTE]
I was always unimpressed by those sort of noisy BOOM cars and especially drivers who were and are unaware of how silly they look in those tiny fast and furious cars The reason I install it is simply because annoys me so much this obvious lack of bass in this car audio system. Its like listing sony walkman from 80's .

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

How can you compare our QQ to sony walkman in the 80s?Sony walkman wasnt great but it was revolutionary at the time that so far cant be said for the connectI think the current radio is ok myself but upgrading anything isnt a bad idea if you can afford it and prepared to do itWhen i read the word boom box i think of the money supermarket advert and the guy in an office chair lol
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

Ok...I
am happy customer now. Audio difference is more than noticeable and well worth
£100. Thanks all for helping me go through this very difficult time

System
has been connected as per Blackbox instructions and works fine. What I did different
was to disconnect clip from bottom of 12v socket and connected through that
clip inserts rather than stripping insulation outside of cables. Still don't
know if I have connected in right configuration as which one is + or - on
speakers. It doesn't seem make any difference when I swap them around.

One
more thing, maybe someone will be in position to explain it to me. Its different
topic buta€¦.I got car camera connected to front 12v socket (the one under
stereo) and it looks like it is constantly recording even when car is locked. I
have checked camera log and it recorded all the time. Is it possible this socket
got constant 12V supply?

I don't
want to make car batteries flat by next month
ippopy2014-04-25 16:42:42
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Excellent :)Where did you find one for £100?, cheapest I can see is £129 on FleBay :D
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

[quote="phaedra"]Excellent :)Where did you find one for £100?, cheapest I can see is £129 on FleBay :D[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I have rounded
down a bit. To be honest I got good deal with caraudiocentre.co.uk on :

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/categor ... c-2741.htm

Primarily I have ordered
the Kenwood which is/was £114.99 but because was out of stock they have offered
inPhase for the same price.

Now, I am not
convinced about their service. I have waited a week before I call them about my
first order and I was told that item is out of stock and they have sent email
to me with regard of that issue. Email never received. Anyway they offered
InPhase instead and that was delivered without problem. Frankly Inphase speaker
is flat enough but is wide/rounded and it does not fit properly under seat but
again velcro strips do amazing things
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="ippopy"]One
more thing, maybe someone will be in position to explain it to me. Its different
topic buta€¦.I got car camera connected to front 12v socket (the one under
stereo) and it looks like it is constantly recording even when car is locked. I
have checked camera log and it recorded all the time. Is it possible this socket
got constant 12V supply?

I don't
want to make car batteries flat by next month
[/QUOTE]
That socket is live 24/7 and I have the same problem - just hoping / waiting for a solution from one of the smart guys on here.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

[quote="PeterL"]That socket is live 24/7 and I have the same problem - just hoping / waiting for a solution from one of the smart guys on here.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for confirmation. At least I know what I am dealing with now. If you got the same problem as it constant camera recording which may flat your battery then I will try to use this:http://www.blackvuehd.co.uk/Power_Magic_Pro.phpI got one of them but not sure how to install it and after two days war with subwoofer I need peace treaty with cables department Or use this instruction for hard wiring anything which should work only when car is up and running@http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/hard-wir ... 13699.html
ouilly

Post by ouilly »

hi, i am new to this forum . sorry for my very bad english but i hope you will understand me ....I bought a qashqai dci 1.5 n-tech one weeks ago and i saw that this car has a poor audio, especially with bass . i have searched on the web what is possible to make and a cheaper way to improve the audio in this car and finally i saw this awesome guide . But i have removed the rear door sill and find a lot of wires and all wrapped with adesive tape : the only pair of wires that i found that was wrapped around each other are pink with blue : i am not sure that are the good ones .Did someone makes some picture or can make ( i know that it s not easy) to help me to not destroy my wonderful car ?thanks in advancewilliam
Giox

Post by Giox »

Hi william. Any luck with the sub?
Qashqai 2014 4x4 Tekna bronze
Giox

Post by Giox »

Just a question, sorry for my English... YOu dont have to connect suvwoofer to head unit, right?
Qashqai 2014 4x4 Tekna bronze