FAQ: Guide for Subwoofer in QQ2014

Frequently Asked Questions
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Don't know if this will help but if the speakers are visible, putting a small household battery (eg a past-its-best 9v PP3) across the speaker leads for a second or two will make the speaker cone move either inwards or outwards. You want it to push air outwards, so when the speaker moves out, whichever lead connected to the battery's +ve pole is the +ve lead.
Don't leave it connected for more than a few seconds though, it isn't good for the speaker.Hound2015-06-23 13:44:23
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

RDowson

Post by RDowson »

Just pulled off the plastic panel to get access to the 12v supply in the centre console.

Mine has a black wire and a blue wire.

Is the black wire negative and blue positive?

I can't check with a voltmeter as I'm just going to use cable lock connectors to splice in rather than cut the cable.
RDowson

Post by RDowson »

[quote="RDowson"] Just pulled off the plastic panel to get access to the 12v supply in the centre console.

Mine has a black wire and a blue wire.

Is the black wire negative and blue positive?

I can't check with a voltmeter as I'm just going to use cable lock connectors to splice in rather than cut the cable. [/QUOTE]

I went with the black as negative and was right!

Now I need to know which of the speaker cables are positive and which are negative.

It's red and white for the right so I'm guessing red is positive and white is negative.
The left is green and grey so I'm guessing green is positive and grey is negative.

Is this correct?
gscicluna
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by gscicluna »

i think white (or blue) is positive and red (or pink) is negative in qq j11b..
1.5dci tekna+
2020 infotainment system (no sd)
zeplin43
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by zeplin43 »

Hi
Sorry but i have a subwoofer wired in place on a QQ J11 but does not give sound.
I have read this thread that speaks of images on how to fix this but cannot see any.
How can i see these?
Regards