2nd Qashqai to the household. Some ?'s

Frequently Asked Questions
catnash

Post by catnash »

Hi My wife is having my Qashqai so I'm buying another, theyre the only car out there that I want. Its a ntec + this time in black. Wavered between white/black and gm Grey. For those with the ntec+ heres the ?'s

The connect system on a Feb 15 plate best get the card from the guy on ebay/this site? Would there be any bulletin/ software updates through the dealer?

The keyless entry, does it work from close up or say 20 yards away?

Any reported issues with the panoramic roof cover? (had none on an old civic)

I havent had oil problems from mine, any 15 plate build problems?

Gone for another Petrol just does what I need.
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Keyless entry about 50yards. Software updates applied free by Nissan dealer if you have a service with them, otherwise they would charge. Only dealers have the updates. No probs with roof shade, nor oil consumption.
catnash

Post by catnash »

Cheers. The kids are always faster to the car than me. As I'm into my detailing probably get a DA polisher.
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Mine is a 16 plate, as with gvmdaddy, no problems.

I have had to change this now, i have a spot of corrosion on one of my rear wheels :( I did not curb it, but i guess it could have caught a stone.
gvmdaddy wrote:Keyless entry about 50yards. Software updates applied free by Nissan dealer if you have a service with them, otherwise they would charge. Only dealers have the updates. No probs with roof shade, nor oil consumption.
Last edited by Deleted User 3871 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catnash

Post by catnash »

Its ordered a 15 64 plate in Black haven't seen it yet, placed a deposit but will inspect with a fine tooth coombe, If it drives a s nice as the other one, all well and good.
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.
switchback

Post by switchback »

gvmdaddy wrote:Keyless entry about 50yards.
Not true keyless at that range as you have to push the button on the key. Proper keyless is when you open the car from the button on the handle and you have to be close to the car for that to work..........................sorry for being a pedant ;) .

You can get more than 50 yards if you hold the key to your head :lol: . Honest........................it does work but the car has re-locked itself by the time you get to it.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Simon1100

Post by Simon1100 »

Key less is good, key is always in my pocket and all you do is press the button on the door or on the lip of the boot to open her up!! Not sure how far away the key needs to be when you press the door handle, I've experimented with that yet. I think the dealer said it needed to be within a couple of metres of the door. My shade for the panoramic roof works fine but t be honest I just leave it open all the time as it opens the car up particularly in the day time.

Regarding the sat updates, I get my QQ serviced at Nissan so they provide updates as part of the service.
QQ Tekna 1.5 Dci Gun Metal Grey
Collected 01/03/2017

:D :D :D :D :D :D
catnash

Post by catnash »

Cheers, will take pics side by side when I get it.
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.
catnash

Post by catnash »

Well I didnt get the one I went to see, It was a black Ntec+ but noticed a smart repair that wasnt exactly well done. Like contaminants under the black paint. It was a lease return car that probable was patched up badly with day to day knocks. So looking around, theres nothing new worth considering coming into Motorpoint so deciding to go Tekna and either black or gm grey. The search continues...
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

This was posted yesterday
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5158
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D