2nd Qashqai to the household. Some ?'s

Frequently Asked Questions
catnash

Post by catnash »

I'm after petrol do 12k miles a year. And a car to pex. Seen a few but once you start looking...
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.

catnash

Post by catnash »

Well round 2 ordered a used Black 15 Plate Tekna with 11k on the clock....
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.
catnash

Post by catnash »

Well the qashqai I went to see had a wheel arch trim that came loose and some scratches on the door cil that needed a repair, was about to drive off and noticed two lines across the centre screen, as they can't get it fixed for 2 weeks have probably given up on a second qashqai, moneys going to another marque, probably a Toyota not sure a fix wouldnt leave marks on the dashboard, shame it hasnt got a longer warranty. Very frustrating...
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

You'd be in the same position with any other marque. Buying a second hand vehicle can be a tedious thing. Always walk away if you're not 100% happy, but to say you're going to another marque because of a couple of extremely minor scuffs/sctratches, then that to me is a little naive. Tell the dealer you will have the car if the problems are rectified satisfactorily before uou sign on the dotted line. Go as far as offering a deposit but get it in writing that it is refundable if you are not happy with the repairs. Its your money, so play it as you see fit.
catnash

Post by catnash »

Its the dashboard out repair that has the potential problems, The other qashqai has been good, been back for a few reair works albeit the rear axle is out and I had to get the front wheels 'thrust aligned, by a body shop. Luckily Nissan in Swansea have been a great dealer, however this particular car isnt from their stock.
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.
catnash

Post by catnash »

Never got a 2nd Qashqai, my wife has the qashqai, after seeing a few and the problem with the last one, unless I leased then and get a new 1 ended up getting a Auris Hybrid 6 months old and only 1900 miles, range of the tank of 45 litres is about 600 miles, anyway the qashqai we have has been solid, shame Nissan dont offer 5 years warranty or even Honda. I can see why people reccomend a diesel qashqai, even though I have seen some horrible chest complaints.
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

I think you will find the key fob for the keyless entry operates from about 18" from the car! Not much point in it being any more unless you have got very long arms!
catnash

Post by catnash »

Still with Toyota,. The qashqai I have had problems with oil, they're investigating it in 3000 miles. Out of warranty end of the month,. Not sure that I have a leg to stand on as this 3rd service 37500 miles was 700 over the 12500 miles since the 2nd one At the moment the qashqai is the worse reliability car/make I've had in 31 years of driving. Had Austin, rovers, mg's, vw, honda, fiat Toyota's, can't see myself buying Nissan again ever.
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

The only reason you may have not has so much trouble with an Austin is because it had rusted away before the warranty had expired and they would have had to give you a new one. So you never even had the same car :P

Austins / Leyland / MG worlds biggest rust buckets after Lancia & Alfa.
catnash wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:02 pm Still with Toyota,. The qashqai I have had problems with oil, they're investigating it in 3000 miles. Out of warranty end of the month,. Not sure that I have a leg to stand on as this 3rd service 37500 miles was 700 over the 12500 miles since the 2nd one At the moment the qashqai is the worse reliability car/make I've had in 31 years of driving. Had Austin, rovers, mg's, vw, honda, fiat Toyota's, can't see myself buying Nissan again ever.
catnash

Post by catnash »

Was my first car, metro. Bought second hand at 6 years old had it for 3 years, Oil level perfect...;-). No rust.
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.