Doors always unlocked from the inside?

Frequently Asked Questions
swedish_flip
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by swedish_flip »

Hi All...

I just bought a 2011 - J10 Qashqai +2 and have been trying to check whether everything works.
FYI : I have only owned a Civic 2001 before and it's not as advanced as what cars can do today =)

1. One thing that I am quite confused about is that basically you can't lock the doors individually in this car? Can't find a way to lock just the back passenger doors for example?
Is that correct?

2. When I lock the doors using the center console I notice that it is only locked from the outside but if you can always go out from the inside? (is that some security feature? so that there is no chance that a person gets locked in case of emergency?)
I feel that this is really not so ideal especially if you have kids (there might be times that you forgotten to set the child lock on!)

Appreciate all the help and sorry if this has been asked before.

Cheers!

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

1. This is correct. Nissan removed the internal individual door locks from their range some years ago! You can lock using the 'master' button somewhere on the dash/drivers door.

2. This is by design. You don't want to be hampered getting out of a car in the event of an emergency. I have not found this a problem with my kids as child lock (although once its set, I don't change it) prevents the rear doors opening anyway
swedish_flip
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by swedish_flip »

Thanks SplanK..now I can be at peace..I thought this was an issue since I it was used.
Quite happy with it except for the annoying rear seat warning ...aside from that everything works ok.

Have a nice evening!