J11 upper strut brace is this a worthwhile modification?

Frequently Asked Questions
Mad Maru
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mad Maru »

Hi guys,

I had a search and found no reference to the above but as I've had one fitted to each car I've owned the past 21 years I was wondering if anyone else had looked into these and if so has fitted one to their car and has it made a difference to the handling at all?

I've found them for the dualis but not directly for the J11 and want to get information before making such an outlay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndreyBear

Post by AndreyBear »

Mad Maru wrote: ↑Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:28 pm Hi guys

I've found them for the dualis but not directly for the J11 and want to get information before making such an outlay?

Hi, Mad Maru,
Please write me directly to ansimov@upory.ru. I see my answer to you just stuck at PM's outbox.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mad Maru, I have been on this Forum since early 2014 and have never seen a Post on this subject but the QQ is an SUV not a Sports Vehicle πŸ™„. I must admit some of these Struts do look nice if just for appearance purposes. As you mentioned there appears to be Struts available for the Dualis but if you look there is normally the comment of a J11 so it would most probably fit - see below. If you buy and fit then please advise on how it went - Best of Luck Dave ;)
I used to, in fact still am a member of the UK / US Juke Forums and it might well be worth looking at the Suppliers of Juke Struts and just searching or asking.
I have attached a website for the Pros & Cons of a Strut which might be of interest : https://automotivespaces.com/what-does-a-strut-bar-do/

IMG_3959.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

Cheers Dave, thanks for the prompt response and info. Thankfully all stuff I know already I was just wanting something to help the wallowing feeling when turning in. I don't drive the QQ like a sports car I have two modified cars with 350bhp & 165bhp for that however I like to feel and know what my car is doing and this option will hopefully give that confidence in my QQ.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mad Maru, if you find something then let us know as there might be some interest, be careful with your bhp's 🀣. You have most probably thought of it but what about Suspension (Stiffer) mods ! - Dave πŸ˜‰
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

There was mention of these braces on this forum a couple of years back but it wasnt listed as a seperat post, it was amongst other things. Ive had a look and cant find it again but it was definitely on.
Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

Well I got a reply from a seller and bought the last one he had in stock. The seller advised the black metal items on the top of the strut need to be removed but that then the install is plug and play. Once it arrives I'll take some pics and get it lined up ready to fit after a colour change to the mounting plates.

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I had a very attractive brace on my Juke.
Cosmetically great but couldn't detect a physical difference on even twisty roads.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

And as a bonus your car is heavier.
MikeGC wrote: ↑Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:42 pm I had a very attractive brace on my Juke.
Cosmetically great but couldn't detect a physical difference on even twisty roads.