Lost contacts/missed/dialled & received options

Frequently Asked Questions
kazzybee
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by kazzybee »

:oops: about 3 weeks ago my qashqui 64 plate, the facility to get missed/received and dialled contacts has disappeared from the radio unit. The only option now is dial number (which as a driver is impossible when driving).
I contacted Nissan cus service, after making me find a vin/chassis which I gave them, they told me to go to local Nissan garage. Has anyone had this issue? I've had the car for 3yrs (motability) and never had an issue, any suggestions greatfully received. I went to local Nissan but have got to book it in.

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

As an initial "look see" try unpairing your phone/connect.
Re-pair

That might fix your problem.
I'm sure that's the first thing a "technician" would try if/when you visit your dealer
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
kazzybee

Post by kazzybee »

Thanks MikeGC that's the first thing I tried and have done that on & off for the last 3 weeks, to no avail. My vehicle goes back October but unless people ring me, I can't use the unit to make calls. I can use the phone and it connects thru radio re volume etc, it's just really annoying & frustrating that no one else has this issue.
Thanks again MikeGC.
P.s. You have the car I'm waiting for & in the colour I want. I assume you have no issues with phone connection?
Gel

Post by Gel »

As a matter of interest have you tried pairing a different phone to see if that behaves normally?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

kazzybee wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:31 pm P.s. You have the car I'm waiting for & in the colour I want. I assume you have no issues with phone connection?
I'm using an iPhone 5s at the moment and it works perfectly.
I can play music via Bluetooth or with a cable.
Voice control via Bluetooth to make calls or to dictate a text message.
Voice control via Bluetooth to get text messages read over the audio system.
I've done 8000 miles since March 31st and it has been superb.

Good Luck
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Rossifan 46

Post by Rossifan 46 »

All,

New to the Forum. I have a similar but not fully related problem. 2017 Qashqai, previously using an I Phone 5 with no issues, have recently upgraded to iPhone 7, having previously deleted the I Phone 5. I now find my Bluetooth function is OK, the phone has paired and the phone book downloaded, however when I receive a call ( I never call from the car) the microphone seems to connect but the speakers don't, therefore I am unable to hear the caller but they can hear me. Have lost count of the number of 're-pairings' I have done, and am now at a loss.....any ideas?
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

This is a reminder to me mainly to get a picture off the QQ ICE screen menus: Bluetooth and its component installation

Bluetooth provides a number of services to and from a computer/phone/USB device etc. Termed a Server/Client relationship.

So apart from pairing services there are audio services which specific Bluetooth modules (software) manage. That applies to both in the relationship above. The Bluetooth modules are listed in the QQ ICE menus somewhere which if listed here might be useful. Useful as regards other members cars...where Bluetooth phone stuff works properly.

I'm an Android user and suffered Bluetooth inadequacies over the years. Apple stuff I don't use.

Perhaps you could get hold of an Android phone and check for your problem? I assume the ICE volume control is turned up enough?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This might be a long shot but worth a try. We had originally iPhone 5’s and in Dec upgraded to iPhone X’s, I did try to phone through Siri but nothing happened, obviously new phone. So went through the procedure of Pairing the new on the Screen & iPhone and the connection worked with no problems, but I could not here the speaker so I tried the volume adjust and it worked for me - Dave 🤨 QQ J11 / 2014
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
firepot

Post by firepot »

Hi all,

Few years later in the thread - I have the same problem - unexpectedly these options disabled. There were no nissan connect update / phone update. Only “contacts” option available/enabled.
Finally I found out the reason - I have bought a smart watch (it is connected to the phone via bluetooth and could be used as a hands free). I guess there is a conflict between 2 devices used for calling.
Tried to disconnect the watch, disconnect the car and connect car again - and the options are enabled. I would like to use the watch, so I connect it again - nissan connect options disappeared again :(

Regards.