Stop / start

Frequently Asked Questions
Ladybird

Post by Ladybird »

Got my new n connecta on the 1st Sept..... Great car but a few niggles......I don't like having to keep turning off the stop/ start each journey,. My Captur used to lock once I turned the engine on. Also got to make sure I lock the car before walking away from it.........But the stop/ start is the thing I really don't like.

benchmark

Post by benchmark »

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Obviously this will void a lot of your warranty, so I would think long and hard before you do it.
Last edited by Deleted User 3871 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darklordmick
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Darklordmick »

My stop start works when it wants too...95% of the time it doesn't....

I spoke to nissan and they said it depends on what the car is doing at the time...( they haven't got a clue)
It works when it wants to...so hardly worth turning off
J11 tekna in silver auto mirror and window fold
Updated double horn
LED interior lights
switchback

Post by switchback »

Ladybird wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:04 am .I don't like having to keep turning off the stop/ start each journey,. My Captur used to lock once I turned the engine on. Also got to make sure I lock the car before walking away from it.........But the stop/ start is the thing I really don't like.
Just ignore the stop/start and let it do what it wants. I've never had a problem with it and you soon get used to it to the point that you don't take any notice of it.............................in my experience. I really can't work out why people buy a car then complain about its features, or lack of them. Do your research before you buy then you know what you're getting. There is probably no car in existence that has features to please everyone.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

There are many ' conditions' for it to work. I have an early J11. Multiple problems with it. Long Story. But just before my warranty expired and taking this helpful forum I again made a list of things to mention, one was that this forum had said the battery was not up to the S/S multiple conditions and that a higher powered battery was needed. The battery was changed and the S/S is better. Not comparable with Mercs & Audi but it's OK.
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
icesteelman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by icesteelman »

My 2017 N-Connecta is the first Stop/Start vehicle I have owned. Once the engine gets up to operating temperature it seems to work consistently. It does however depend on what is drawing on the battery, for example if the air-con is cranked down low or up high then the Stop/Start will not kick in. Whilst it is not something I would rave about (and I am unsure as to the real benefits - either emissions or fuel consumption) I can live with it, and if I don't want it to kick in I simply leave the clutch down.

To me its a bit like the first car I had with an electronic hand brake. That took me some time to get accustom to it but now 3 cars later I find it odd getting back into a "normal" car when I often try to set off without releasing the manual handbrake :shock: :lol:
2020 Gunmetal Grey N-Connecta Dig-T 1.3 140 manual, Glass Roof
2017 Ink Blue N-Connecta 1.6 dCi Manual 4WD with Comfort and Heat Packs
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Darklordmick wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:17 am My stop start works when it wants too...95% of the time it doesn't....

I spoke to nissan and they said it depends on what the car is doing at the time...( they haven't got a clue)
It works when it wants to...so hardly worth turning off
Tested mine this morning drove half a mile on cold engine and it turned itself off..Is it not supposed to work until engine hot .But it the end of the day it proves my battery's OK.......only use it when it suits me...david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

A very good tip i read was to put the car into gear after the engine has stopped. The start / stop will never start the engine. I have used this a few times now and it works fine. Just have to give the car a slight moment to start up as u push in the clutch and then let if off to engage drive.
icesteelman wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:27 am My 2017 N-Connecta is the first Stop/Start vehicle I have owned. Once the engine gets up to operating temperature it seems to work consistently. It does however depend on what is drawing on the battery, for example if the air-con is cranked down low or up high then the Stop/Start will not kick in. Whilst it is not something I would rave about (and I am unsure as to the real benefits - either emissions or fuel consumption) I can live with it, and if I don't want it to kick in I simply leave the clutch down.

To me its a bit like the first car I had with an electronic hand brake. That took me some time to get accustom to it but now 3 cars later I find it odd getting back into a "normal" car when I often try to set off without releasing the manual handbrake :shock: :lol: