Mood lighting problem

Frequently Asked Questions
AAT
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by AAT »

Has anyone come across about mood lighting not coming on in one side? Noticed it recently as only one side (driver side) has a mood light on and passenger side has none.

carlgoss

Post by carlgoss »

I've had this experience several times, but in my case it's an optical illusion. There is something strange about the view from different angles. The upper line of light around the gear shift seems to disappear, but I found you move your head slightly and you appear to only see the lower light. Impossible to explain clearly sorry, but once you notice it, it really mucks with your head... or your eyes actually! :shock: Maybe it's just me but I too thought the drivers side gear shift light had gone off, but it hadn't . Having said all that yours is probably a fault!
15 plate DCI 110 1.5 Diesel Tekna Nightshade
AAT

Post by AAT »

Thanks for your response carlgoss. Mine seems to be a fault as I tried adjusting the brightness settings but it still doesn’t come on. I thought it could be a loose connection as it’s just a led light that should last long and my car is just less than 2years old.