Adaptive front lighting - are beam deflectors required for Europe?

Frequently Asked Questions
BrendanConway
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by BrendanConway »

I have Qashqai MK2 Facelift (November 2017) with Adaptive Front Lighting system.

I am trying to establish what to do when driving in Europe as I don't believe that traditional beam deflectors will be effective, can someone please advise?

Alternatively is there a headlamp setting feature to either switch from driving on the left to driving or the right?
Or to switch off the adaptive front headlight mode so that it is fixed in either right or left positions?

Thanks,
Brendan

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Before starting a fresh thread, pse always try SEARCH first; multiple posts on this already exist; search for "beam deflectors", or ask your Nissan Dealership.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
EXMOKKAMAC

Post by EXMOKKAMAC »

We have a Jan 20171.6 Tekna and Travel through France twice a year to Spain, first trip constantly flashed it got to be a bit embarrassing, so bought Eurolights beam defectors problem solved. Instructions are clear with a diagram as well. Just for info the GB emblem on your registration is not big enough for the French so you might want to get a magnetic one hope this is of some help to you
BrendanConway
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by BrendanConway »

Gel,

Sorry but I don't find your reply useful.

I did search this topic before posting because I didn't find the answer I was looking for and have since search again incase I missed something and still not found anything useful, if you have found the answer to my question then please share it?

Please consider this is specific to the latest Qashai with LED headlights that adjust their direction as you turn (adaptive front lighting system).

I have checked with the dealer and they didn't have a clue.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Not meaning to be rude, but check your owners handbook and go through all the settings on the car itself. Wouldn’t be surprised if it can be electronically altered.
RVW

Post by RVW »

EXMOKKAMAC wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:29 pm Just for info the GB emblem on your registration is not big enough for the French so you might want to get a magnetic one hope this is of some help to you
So where did you get that info from? French making there own rules then?

https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-pl ... dentifiers
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
EXMOKKAMAC

Post by EXMOKKAMAC »

DRIVE-FRANCE.com Will give you all the info you will need .Having driven more miles in France than the UK over the last ten years I was trying to be helpful .
RVW

Post by RVW »

Just taken from the RAC site.
A GB sticker (or ‘euro’ registration plates featuring the GB initials)
No mention of the registration plate marking not being big enough.
I too have driven thousands of miles on the continent,even been stopped and fined by police in France,Austria for exceeding the speed limit( my fault) but not once was the undersized GB marking on my registration plate mentioned.
Appreciate your helpful intention but would prefer to believe the U.K. gov and motoring organisations
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red