Washer fluid not running through

Frequently Asked Questions
Lesliedg
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Lesliedg »

2018 Qashqai....washer fluid isn’t running through to front windshield. I can hear the pump is running and rear one works. Any suggestions to unclog? I

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Firstly welcome ! Do this simple check as now Autumn is here the leaves and other debris tend to float around and block. I have had this before and it worked you might be lucky, could be blocked Tubes or if both are not working it could well be another problem - Dave πŸ˜‰
Try looking in the β€œSearch” Area you might find a Tip there.

685A9222-C0E7-4439-88B0-A20DC63ABFF7.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

Warranty issue?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Lesliedg

Post by Lesliedg »

I had a guy look at it today after and it appears the nozzle jets need to be replaced. They are not clogged and when using an air gun it was confirmed they were clear. Disappointed as the car is only 15 months old, I have never had an issue like this in any vehicle i have ever owned.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to the forum.

I simply can't understand why the jets aren't letting water through if they're clear and why they need replacing.

It's never come up on here before.

Have you disconnected the pipes from the nozzles and then found water coming through as expected.

Sounds to me like a possible fracture/disconnection somewhere else if there's no aparent problem with the jets themselves.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

When you operate the washers, can you see water dripping anywhere underneath the car?

What I would suggest is, fill washer bottle up to the top, operate the washers and see if you've got a split hose or disconnected join etc if your washer pump is working the water must be going somewhere.
2010 Acenta 1.5 dci (Sold)
2016 N-connecta 1.2 dig-t (Sold)
Dom1984

Post by Dom1984 »

Quick way to check this if you have access to a compressor is by looking under the bonnet just by the hinge on the drivers side there is a through connector in the rubber washer pipe give it a good blast to clear out the pipes it will clear out any debris and if you blow towards the tank you can hear it bubble to confirm its actually still attached.
DIYDaddy

Post by DIYDaddy »

I've just has this same experience - no water from front washer jets, but rear one still working. Reservoir full, washer motor whirring, but no jet (well, a tiny dribble...)

I discovered a kind of manifold device that was fed by a tube (presumably from the pump) with outlets to the two front jets. Pulled feed pipe off, tried the washer and got water coming out. Pulled both outlet pipes off, removed 'manifold' for examination.

I dismantled the thing (removed round plug opposite feed connection) and found a little diaphragm inside, held in place against the inlet feed by a small spring and piston thing (with a tiny hole in it.)

I think the purpose of this is to prevent water from the jets feeding back into the washer reservoir, or some such obscure function. Anyway, I couldn't find anything obviously blocked or broken, but thought I would leave out the diaphragm, spring and piston and re-assemble. The feed and outlet pipes are now connected with nothing to reduce the flow.

I now get water sprayed onto the windscreen. It's a little bit low pressure, so I now suspect that the pump is on its way out. I assume a properly working pump would create enough pressure to lift the diaphragm in the manifold, and spray a decent jet onto the windscreen. Time will tell if this is the case...

To find the manifold I removed some (removable) sections of the plastic screen holding the jets. Bit fiddly to get your hands behind the screen to pull pipes off, but just possible!
Retrocom

Post by Retrocom »

Just had exactly the same problem, I took off the windscreen wipers, heat shield and retaining clips along the front of the wiper cowling, then found a small piping splitter/diverter behind it all which I found to be the culprit. There is a small inlet pipe at its base and it T's off at the top for each spray nozzle. I then just got a 3mm drill bit and drilled it straight through the upper pipe from one side to the other drilling out what is probably some kind of spring loaded plunger mechanism, problem solved!, all working really well now

IMG_4978.jpg

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Retrocom wrote: ↑Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:45 am Just had exactly the same problem, I took off the windscreen wipers, heat shield and retaining clips along the front of the wiper cowling, then found a small piping splitter/diverter behind it all which I found to be the culprit. There is a small inlet pipe at its base and it T's off at the top for each spray nozzle. I then just got a 3mm drill bit and drilled it straight through the upper pipe from one side to the other drilling out what is probably some kind of spring loaded plunger mechanism, problem solved!, all working really well now

IMG_4978.jpg
That was a check valve...there is another for the rear wash.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta