1.3 petrol automatic

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Suziwong66
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Suziwong66 »

Hi looking to buy a new 1.3 auto in petrol, can anyone advise what mpg they are getting from this particular model. Thanks all

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Good Morning,

On my normal commute to work (40 miles mixed between motorway, dual carriageway and suburban streets) I get high 40's to low 50's mpg (the car's computer said 48.6mpg this morning). Same on the run home. I use cruise control and stick around 65mph, whenever possible.

My best ever figure is 62.1mpg - I drove to Yorkshire in heavy rain, then fog, and stuck to what I deemed to be a safe 60mph (cruise control) almost all the way.

On a round trip to Cornwall (three big blokes, car full of "stuff", about 700 mile round trip) at 70 - 75mph, I think I got in the region of 40 mpg but I didn't write it down.

Conversely, if I stop at the corner shop at the start of a longer journey, the car's computer says as low as 19mpg (it's only a mile).

I keep meaning to do a proper brim-to-brim test but haven't remembered, as yet.

Hope that helps
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Qashpad

Post by Qashpad »

I am getting similar to MikeGC although not as high as 61. Think 52 is my best on a long run but local journeys knock it down. I have found similar that if you stick at 65 the consumption is much better than at 70.
The 160 is very lively and can scrub the tyres a bit on a fast getaway. Excellent car
2019 Tekna+ , white 160 hp 1.3 litre with DCT auto box
Suziwong66

Post by Suziwong66 »

Thanks , so you would recommend this engine, have a kadjar 1.5 manual diesel but need an automatic now . Usually get around 50 to the gallon, don’t want it doing 35. Going for a test drive on Saturday in a tekna 🤞
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Suziwong66 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:28 pm Thanks , so you would recommend this engine, have a kadjar 1.5 manual diesel but need an automatic now . Usually get around 50 to the gallon, don’t want it doing 35. Going for a test drive on Saturday in a tekna 🤞
I would definitely recommend this engine/gearbox combination.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Suzie, just a few more facts. Our QQ 1,3L / 160 PS / DCT has just been tanked up again and it has been used mainly for very local runs the longest being 10 mile runs to our Nissan Dealer up to 80 mph. What I am getting at present is 31 mpg but as mentioned only local runs, just so you get some feedback at the other end of the scale - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Suziwong66

Post by Suziwong66 »

Thanks all, is traffic jam pilot the same as pro pilot? Does the car move itself if I’m a very slow moving traffic jam?

Thanks
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Suziwong66 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:39 pm Thanks all, is traffic jam pilot the same as pro pilot? Does the car move itself if I’m a very slow moving traffic jam?

Thanks
My car doesn't have pro-pilot or traffic jam pilot (whatever that might be !!) so I can't help - my guess would be that these "pilots" are just a driver's aid (i.e. you get some assistance to stay in a lane on a motorway or dual carriageway) but you still have to do the driving.
I'm looking forward to the answers from the members who have pro-pilot
Suziwong66 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:39 pm Does the car move itself if I’m a very slow moving traffic jam?
almost 99.9999% sure it does NOT
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Our QQ has ProPILOT and I have used it and it functions well, but you need you Hands on the Steering Wheel or you get a Warning, Alarm and then Gradual Braking to a Stop, I have never actually tried coming to a stop in our QQ, but I did on the Dealer Test Drive a few times, it is a little Hairy as you are thinking “What if” but it stopped and accelerated away. I had the same questions on the ProPILOT system from a friend in the UK this week and sent him these videos - I hope this explains the system - Dave 😉😁

It actually looks like a “YES” ! 😋
ProPilot combines lane-keeping assistance, ‘intelligent lane intervention’, adaptive cruise control and, for automatics, ‘traffic jam pilot’. All are activated when pressing the ProPilot button on the steering wheel. “Traffic Jam Pilot appears to be only for Autos !”

On manual variants of the Qashqai, a £495 Drive Assist pack is offered, with the traffic jam assist function absent. Traffic jam assist allows the car to slow to a standstill when following a vehicle, and if the stop is for up to three seconds, the car will set off again after the vehicle in front moves. If longer than three seconds, the ‘resume’ button can be pushed on the steering wheel. It’s not possible to offer it on manual transmission because it would be impossible to deploy as the driver would need to use the clutch pedal.

ProPilot combines lane-keeping assistance, 'intelligent lane intervention', adaptive cruise control and, for automatics, 'traffic jam pilot'. ... When the driver sets cruise control, ProPilot maintains a centre lane position and keeps a minimum distance from the vehicle in front.

New Nissan Qashqai - ProPILOT :

This is a Danish Speaking Video with English Sub-Titles which actually shows the system working including Braking :
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken