Rear axle replacement

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Gigs

Post by Gigs »

Hi all....new here ..but have been looking through most of the posts ..looking and learning great place to learn new things .. anyways thought I'd post ..car 5 months old and that creaking noise started about a month ago.. after reading through these post I thought I'd take it to nissan garage just to see and guess what ...yep new axle required.. car.. like I said is only just 5 months old and less than 2,600 miles on clock ..not pleased at all
Notts uk ..J11A..2017.. QQ ..Tekna 1.5dci Stone white (pearl)..pano roof..front rear skid plates..wind deflectors .. :D :mrgreen:

matty88
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by matty88 »

Only just discovered the diagnosis for mine as it’s been creaking at the back for some time

Nissan are cheeky as they acted like they’d never come across this problem before and didn’t suggest what it was - it was only when I took it to a local independent that they diagnosed it.

Car just over 3 years old so will be contacting Nissan asking for at least a contribution to replace the rear axle bar which is defective!

The car is a good car but I don’t like the way Nissan Operate (always in denial and against the customer) so won’t be tempted to buy another Nissan after I get rid of this one
switchback

Post by switchback »

The service you get depends very much on the dealer you use but Nissan don't seem to do anything about the bad ones.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
matty88

Post by matty88 »

Considering the turnover of Nissan and the success of the Qashqai I personally find it quite disgusting how Nissan tend to 'fob off' customers who are just out of warranty who have a blatent design flaw or defects that should never occur in a car. Since when did we all need to replace our rear axles due to wear and tear?! Absolute nonsense.

The Nissan dealers (who are ultimately the face of Nissan) tend to palm it off to say 'its in Nissans hands' and take zero responsibility.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I got this same attitude from BMW when my Mini Countryman was still in warranty..I suspect most manufacturers do the same!

Personally, I dont think I will by another new car unless it is a total bargain like my current QQ. At least with a secondhand car you can drive it before you buy it.
matty88 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:37 pm Considering the turnover of Nissan and the success of the Qashqai I personally find it quite disgusting how Nissan tend to 'fob off' customers who are just out of warranty who have a blatent design flaw or defects that should never occur in a car. Since when did we all need to replace our rear axles due to wear and tear?! Absolute nonsense.

The Nissan dealers (who are ultimately the face of Nissan) tend to palm it off to say 'its in Nissans hands' and take zero responsibility.
SLATS

Post by SLATS »

Had mine since March
Had front suspension bushes replaced in April
Now waiting for replacement rear axle authorisation from Nissan

Wish I'd never upgraded from my Juke 🤔

Had that 3years and never had a minutes trouble
SLATS

Post by SLATS »

Does anyone know if the Xtrail has same issues
Andy Osborn

Post by Andy Osborn »

I've had the same creaking noise for the last 2 years on my 14 reg Qashqai. A year ago Nissan offered to pay half, leaving me a £600 bill, which I did not feel was a good deal at the time, so I left it. Now its worse. I had an independent garage confirm, yes new rear axle required, so its back to Nissan. Then I saw this - sounds just like the noise I have :
stjaxx
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by stjaxx »

Hi,
I've purchased a new Qashqai and the rear axle was immediately diagnosed as faulty. Will be replaced by the dealership. Great job on detecting the issue.
Andy Osborn

Post by Andy Osborn »

I've had a creaking rear axle since the car was about 2 years old. Now I have been told the rear axle needs replacing. Contacted Nissan Customer Services who declined to contribute anything to this or take any responsibility. I will never buy another Nissan - shocking.