AlloyGators issues

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="F1 Bob"]I did read that these are not recommended with diamond cut wheels. Could this be the issue? [/QUOTE]That does seem to be the real question here - there must be a reason?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Did anybody read the comment from ferris regarding the Double Press of the Camera Button which actually shows you the nearside front Wheel with a coloured line. Could this be the wayout from not using the Alloygators / Rim Ringz. I tried it today and it works great - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]Did anybody read the comment from ferris regarding the Double Press of the Camera Button which actually shows you the nearside front Wheel with a coloured line. Could this be the wayout from not using the Alloygators / Rim Ringz. I tried it today and it works great - Dave[/QUOTE]No, cos I kerbed my rear wheel trying to be clever doing this.
tekna cvt mag red
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

Have to say that my experience with the AlloyGators has been a nightmare. If you check my posts you will see that this can happen
I went back to supplier and they refitted.
About two weeks later the next one came away.
Solution. Rip it off altogether
I have only one left on one wheel now and you can see where its fitted that the wheel has become pitted and marked.
Was not told by supplier that they were not suitable for diamond cut wheels.
Lesson learnt. never again.
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

Interesting read re alloygators. There is another thread on here (rubber protector alloy seals) in a similar vain, which is worth a read.

I have fitted silver rimblades to my Qashqai. I was a bit dubious at first due to poor reviews, but made sure I fitted them to the letter as per the instructions, and gave them time to adhere to the alloy. I know they are stuck on which some people might find a horrifying thing to do to the alloys, but I must say so far I am very pleased with them. I have covered 2000 miles plus since fitting them, and they look as good as new. I did happen to scrub the kerb, albeit lightly and when I got out of the car expected the rimblade to be lying on the road, but no, it was still firmly attached with no sign of any damage.

They cost me just under £30.00 for a set of four, so vastly cheaper than alloygators.
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)