Ride on Poor Roads

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

The state of the UK's roads as we all know is atrocious, pot holes, sunken road works etc. but during our 12 day break and doing over 800 QQ miles I can only give credit of how the QQ on 19 inch wheels copes with these.By comparison we had alternative days out with my brother in laws Toyota Auris on 17 inch wheels, the difference was dramatic if not alarming. The Auris banged, jolted and often skipped on the road with an inside judder to make you feel uncomfortable.Often covering the same route the QQ felt refined over the holes, sunken grates etc and Nissan can be commended of getting the suspension just right for UK roads. I still worry that all this jolting around must be shortening the suspensions life in the long term and it really is time that something gets done to improve these disgraceful roads, you can only imagine what cars built in the 60's and 70's would be like for ride and control
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

dave

Post by dave »

Interesting point you make JB,out in France here we have a 1/2 mle of road that has very tight undulations on it,it made the RAV handling very excitable ,i was very impressed with the QQ in fact the electronic control works well above my expectations,it seemes to work better at 70mph than at 30.Just covered our first 1000klm,average 60mpg,very refined drive,everything works as it should,radio output better than the RAV ,got to say i rate the electronic handbrake,never thought i would (brilliant)No rattles ,engine quiet and good power band.Overall an excellent car
jamo
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon / Dave, you two Guys are really cheering me up for when we get our QQ. We did not order an "Off Roader" but now you mention it the roads here even in the city are also very bad with big potholes, so bad that in the snow you have to really keep your eyes open. The comment on the 19" Wheel comfort is also encouraging - Thanks Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
dave

Post by dave »

Hi DBLooking forward to you first 1000 klm,summery and pics.I know you will be well chuffed.Dave
jamo
Deanotabsy

Post by Deanotabsy »

I agree. Very good informative posts. Please keep them coming to ease the wait.