19 Tekna alloys to 17 alloys swap

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Howard Qashqai

Post by Howard Qashqai »

Reason for the swop? My first cars have been Citroens - great at bumps and unmade car parks! I've recently had two Vw Tourans, one wth sports wheels and the other without. There's a difference between the profiles that shows on the road. Sure, our new Qashai on 19" wheels is MUCH better riding than either of the Tourans, our 2003 Focus hatch, or my wife's Nissan Note N-tec, but if it can be improved (less sporty, more give), then that suits our preferences.

paulyoung666

Post by paulyoung666 »

Just a shame we are so far apart :(
biggster

Post by biggster »

[quote="Howard Qashqai"]Reason for the swop? My first cars have been Citroens - great at bumps and unmade car parks! I've recently had two Vw Tourans, one wth sports wheels and the other without. There's a difference between the profiles that shows on the road. Sure, our new Qashai on 19" wheels is MUCH better riding than either of the Tourans, our 2003 Focus hatch, or my wife's Nissan Note N-tec, but if it can be improved (less sporty, more give), then that suits our preferences.[/QUOTE]
Fair enough, Citroens normally do have a really comfortable ride! I'm sure you'll find someone to swap with. Not sure if you know but Nissan have just launched two new trim levels that come with 18" diamond-cut alloys:http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/vehicle/c ... tec.htmlIn my humble opinion, they look way better than the 17" Accenta Premium wheels but might have the compliance that you are looking for. Have cake/eat cake! Might be a good idea to swap for a set of those if you can ;)
Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna - Chrome Mirrors, Chrome Door Strips, Chrome Front lip finisher, Chrome Lower Boot Strip, Mats...
Howard Qashqai

Post by Howard Qashqai »

Thanks for the heads up about the 18" wheels, it's good of you to point it out. They look the same as our 2012 Nissan Note N-tec! Still, I've happily accepted a swop with a certain senior member. The swop is a good deal for me as my local Nissan Dealer wanted £900 for the change, plus tyres of course, albeit I'd retain the 19" rims. the silver goes well with my ink blue car. I still think it is Crazy when Audi and others allow no-charge swops to deeper standard equipment rims? Still, I reckon that in this case I get the wheels I wanted in the first place at no extra charge and the guy I am swopping with also gets a no-cost change that matches his black car. Result! Perhaps Nissan really is the unintended ''good fairy' in this, provided there is a Qashqai owners club in the mix of course! What price free membership of a supportive community... In my case about £900, + 4 tyres :)
biggster

Post by biggster »

[quote="Howard Qashqai"] Thanks for the heads up about the 18" wheels, it's good of you to point it out. They look the same as our 2012 Nissan Note N-tec! Still, I've happily accepted a swop with a certain senior member. The swop is a good deal for me as my local Nissan Dealer wanted £900 for the change, plus tyres of course, albeit I'd retain the 19" rims. the silver goes well with my ink blue car. I still think it is Crazy when Audi and others allow no-charge swops to deeper standard equipment rims? Still, I reckon that in this case I get the wheels I wanted in the first place at no extra charge and the guy I am swopping with also gets a no-cost change that matches his black car. Result! Perhaps Nissan really is the unintended ''good fairy' in this, provided there is a Qashqai owners club in the mix of course! What price free membership of a supportive community... In my case about £900, + 4 tyres :)
[/QUOTE]

No problem - glad you got a win/win result
Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna - Chrome Mirrors, Chrome Door Strips, Chrome Front lip finisher, Chrome Lower Boot Strip, Mats...
Qashqai Guy

Post by Qashqai Guy »

Am I missing the point here as I am due to pick up my new Tekna on Wednesday and I am sure I have heard of others wanting them off.??
QQ 2014 Gunmetal 1.5dci Tekna
Qashqai Guy

Post by Qashqai Guy »

I would like to know as well ??is it the ride or worried about kerbing ??
QQ 2014 Gunmetal 1.5dci Tekna
paulyoung666

Post by paulyoung666 »

I will be most pleased to swap my acenta premium rims for tekna ones should anyone be interested
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Checked mine after 5 months of use and the front offside has a very significant kerbing, not one I remember doing but I don't use it the majority of the time!!!!! Oh well it is inevitable that these large rims will get krbed as they are so damn near to the kerb anyway! Will have them refurbed before sale anyway so don't see the point in worrying about it. They look the business, I don't like the QQ without them, it looks very very underwheeled and clumsy imo.
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S