Tyre change made impossible

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
RoadKnight

Post by RoadKnight »

I can also confirm that my Australian QQ has a jack supplied - albeit a pretty flimsy looking one.

However I am sure that when I take the car to get the tyres replaced sometime in the future, they are just going to stick their trolley jack under it and hoist away.

And I can't imagine that the Nissan dealer is going to hoist my car any differently than they do for all of the hundreds of Nissan models they service.

brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

hi squirrel. i bought a spacesaver wheel from nissan it has a jack i have an electric 12volt jack 3ton from amazon and it fits it also has an electric hammer driver that turns as well both in the same plastic box the rear wheel used with the jacking point needs to be lifted verry verry high i have a trulley jack and with a rubber spacer you can lift rhe rear wheel rapidly on the wishbone next to the wheel i agree with you the lifting points are very poor for a car so heavt oh ps the electric jack has a rubber plastic cross thar hasnt damaged my sill er yet hope this helps Brian torrevieja
brian
Squierrel

Post by Squierrel »

I do have my tyre change process in order now. I got a 10 ton bottle jack (smaller ones just wouldn't reach the sill or lift high enough) . I got a rubber jackpad that fits the jack head perfectly. On the top of the jackpad there are Lego-block kind of dimples in a rectangular array giving enough visual and physical guidance for perfect centering.
1.6 dCi130 Xtronic Business 360
Moviestar

Post by Moviestar »

Its a while since I posted so thought I would give an update on these pad - ALL great and still going strong was worth its wait in gold when I broke down and the breakdown man just wanted to wack his trolley jack under the car. So keep it in the boot:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... c&_sacat=0