Tyre change made impossible

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Ozrockit

Post by Ozrockit »

Gidday Pete, sorry for the delay in reply mate, I only just spotted your email. yes a j11 jack will be supplied with your QQ in oz.What I made my insert from was a sample piece of 45mm 6 ply cover conveyor rubber. I cut is to shape and works a treat. cheersRod
J11 2.0L Petrol

sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Thanks Ozrockit ,Looks like the Poms don't know anything about Jacks. Might have to look into getting an Aussie Jack when my QQ arrives in early May.
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
Karlos76

Post by Karlos76 »

Been looking at Jacks today Lots of them come without a rubber protection bit on the top - however a cut down hockey puck does the trick :)http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skate-Hut-Ice-H ... 24EA2CCRYV
2015 Nightshade Tekna
Black Ibiscus Alloys
Chrome Side Sills
Crossover Pack
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

I just use a trolley jack on the strong part of the lower suspension arm, front and back. Using a trolley jack at this point lifts the wheel directly, not raising the body with the wheel hanging down on the spring. This means that very little lift travel is needed.It isn't practical to carry the trolley jack in the car at all times, so if I had to I would use the emergency assist number and free recovery that comes free for three years with every new UK Qashqai [and almost all new cars in the UK"]]. I am a member of the RAC anyway, which covers a car even if it isn't mine and I'm only a passenger.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Quacker, you have hit the nail on the head here. I was going to mention this earlier but had the Website Problems. I have a Hyd. Jack and the "Emergency Spare Wheel" but I believe I would never change a Wheel unless absolutely necessary. Since 2008 never had a puncture and as you mentioned we also have the Nissan & ADAC Service here so you might as well use them. The Winter & Summer Wheels are stored at the Dealer and cost a‚¬50 twice a year inc. changing the wheels. Now when you hit the Big Numbers you also do not want to be laying on the ground, struggling to get up and end up the next morning with back problems and cannot move - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

Although the QQJ11 doesn't come with a spare tyre or a jack, should it come with a wheel spanner/brace to undo the nuts? I guess not seeing that you can't jack the car in the first place, but I can't see it mentioned anywhere. Cheers.
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

The Down Under version of the QQ has a space saver tyre, which sucks. About a jack , I can't answer that, as I don't have mine yet.
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Was told by the dealer that my car will be in the country on the 17 May. Now it's 18 may. If I get another date extension I will cancel my order and look else where .
LudLum

Post by LudLum »

Im getting a jack pad. I have a large jack just need the pad to make it fit between the zone.Will this one fit?http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Volkswagen-G ... &vxp=mtrIf not, any suggestion to one on ebay that do fit? (Dont want to carve my own hockeypuck).
Moviestar

Post by Moviestar »