No spare wheel, no jack

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Njpmk

Post by Njpmk »

As a prospective new purchaser, I have followed some of the discussions here closely

The lack of a spare wheel seems to be the norm on a lot of new cars,however the lack of a jack seems silly.

I was talking to a friend who ha just purchased a new vw, and they also come with no spare....(just tha same as Nissan, a bottle of sealant),and no jack

When he took delivery, he drove home and had a 'play' with his new vehicle,

On checking his spare (or lack of!), he noticed the bottle of sealant, and written on said bottle was DO NOT USE with weight of vehicle on the flat tyre(or something along those lines), in other words the vehicle must be jacked up before using.

If Nissan or any other manufacturer are not supplying a jack how can this sealant be used

I would be interested if anyone can confirm this

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Njpmk, there has been a lot of discussions and topics on a similiar point mainly related to dumping the Sealant and buying the now available "Emergency Spare Wheel Kit" which does have a Jack included. If you "Search" this you will find a great deal of information from members. OK, again this is another expense but we planned to get rid of our Sealant from day one - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Njpmk

Post by Njpmk »

Thanks for the response Dave,
The point I'm raising is are they supplying sealant and no jack,when the instruction for the sealant. Says the vehicle must be raised before the sealant is used!
Qash

Post by Qash »

I'm just guessing that you should inflate the tire with air to lift it off the ground and then fill with sealant.
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Strange, when I was at my local VW dealer a couple of weeks ago looking at the new Golf SV I asked about a spare tyre, they told me all VW's are supplied with a space-saver spare in place of the gunk tank.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

[quote="Qash"] I'm just guessing that you should inflate the tire with air to lift it off the ground and then fill with sealant.[/QUOTE]

Erm... I'm probably missing the point here but how do you inflate the tyre with air to get it off the ground when it has a puncture???????? Just had a look at my tyres, there's no puncture, they're fully inflated but they're still on the ground, maybe I need to pop into my local Nissan stealer in the morning...
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Njpmk

Post by Njpmk »

Very strange indeed phaedra, the guy I know has both a a t5 transporter and a toureg both less than 6 months old supplied with no spare,t5 had no jack either
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

But if there's a hole in my bucket dear Liza....
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="supergrover"]But if there's a hole in my bucket dear Liza.... [/QUOTE]
Off topic but Supergrover I think your Fuelly figure is inaccurate ... there is missing info on a few of your fuel ups and besides it is highly unlikely you would be getting such a high mpg compared to the rest of us. Just saying...
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

2014 Acentia no spare so bought one for £40 on ebay from a mitsubishi and a two ton jack.You need a 400mm lift so beware what you buy.My old 1.5 did 52.8 over the 30,000 I owned it.
pistnbroke2014-12-01 08:41:51