e Handbrake failed - Nissan denys fault

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

You cant control the EPB manually on manual cars, it automatically engages as soon as you turn off the car. I think it was established that auto's operated differently to manuals in this aspect.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just as Dr_Niss has stated ! When I first moved out here I never stuck the car in Gear, but after getting it in the neck from the wife it is now a Habit. It appears that that is how they are taught here. Personally I think the EPB is ideal and very convenient, when it works of course - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Personally the EPD is the one thing I dislike about my QQ, hill start assist - what a load of old tosh, I can pull away sharper, cleaner and much more controlled in my van with its manual handbrake.Having said that, EPB's will be a standard feature on cars (if they're not already) so at some point in my driving life I'll have had to have shut up, man up and make the transition - Still doens't mean I like it though...
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

well i would have been nice if the Hill Assist stays on till the car moves forward.The three seconds everytime seem to surprise me in a negative way.The EPD in combination with first gear is a safe way to park.@Splank, of course you can manually activate the EPD. There's a switch for that purpose. But it works only while driving (emergency brake) or when the engine still runs.
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
omegadeep

Post by omegadeep »

Regardless of the problems that I've experienced on a Renault in the vehicles later life, I still prefer the electric handbrake system. I've had three Renaults with it now and to be honest I find manual handbrakes somewhat of a chore, plus when I have a loan car with a manual brake I forget to put the thing on.... .... .. Oh why is the car next to me moving ?
A car is just a set of four wheels and four seats to enable one to travel from a to b. all other perceptions are individual illusions of the thought process.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I think the electric brake is great, pulls away smoothly in all conditions with a light touch. I also find the hill start a great feature and has been valuable when in North Yorkshire with the steep hills, it holds the car with enough time to move onto the accelerator on the steepest of hills with no problems at all.I personally would never want to go back to the old lever, it also makes more space available between the seats for other things. By the way, did we ever get an answer to the original posters problem?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
duncho

Post by duncho »

I share the same opinion with you Jon, this is one of few features that does work perfectly on my car. Just knocking on the wood now!!!
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
omegadeep

Post by omegadeep »

[quote="jonceebee"]
I think the electric brake is great, pulls away smoothly in all conditions with a light touch. I also find the hill start a great feature and has been valuable when in North Yorkshire with the steep hills, it holds the car with enough time to move onto the accelerator on the steepest of hills with no problems at all.I personally would never want to go back to the old lever, it also makes more space available between the seats for other things. By the way, did we ever get an answer to the original posters problem?[/QUOTE]
Nissan have just announced they will be testing all their new electric brake cars at Robin Hoods Bay prior to customer delivery.
A car is just a set of four wheels and four seats to enable one to travel from a to b. all other perceptions are individual illusions of the thought process.
sulky_uk

Post by sulky_uk »

[quote="omegadeep"]
Nissan have just announced they will be testing all their new electric brake cars at Robin Hoods Bay prior to customer delivery. [/QUOTE]

lol, im up there on friday (tomorrow) collecting my son from boarding school in fylingthorpe...if I end up in the north sea then the hand brake is poop
2015 Qashqai 1.5 dci tekna in bronze, but without the panoramic roof
HerbieDoo

Post by HerbieDoo »

The car was parked in gear. Yes VOSA AND TRADING STANDARDS have been informed. We've had several faults on the foot brake while reversing down a downward sloping drive way in the morning. While covering the foot brake you suddenly hit a solid pedal for a second or two!!!! This was checked on 5 separate occasions by two Nissan dealerships. Finally on the fifth occasion it was checked and discovered the ABS valve, the ABS compressor were faulty and now the brake servo and master cylinder has a fault, it was noticed that brake fluid was leaking from the master cylinder. ( Alarm Bells comes to mind.)DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE E-BRAKE PARK SYSTEM AND THE NORMAL FOOTBRAKE SYSTEM USE COMMON WHEEL SENSORS?It's a coincidence that we've had problems with both brake systems. The extent of the damage was £4000. It was so fortunate that my children weren't in the car at the time. The two bollards across the road took the brunt of stopping it , luckily missing any passersby and cars driving past our house.We realise why Nissan won't admit responsibility, because the implications will be too costly to them.If something catastrophic happens as a result. Then Nissan UK can't turn around and say they were n't forewarned. NISSAN QASHQAI OWNERS BE VERY CAUTIOUS!!!!