Spare wheel spacer incomplete

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Toxteth O'Grady

Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

Picked up my space saver wheel and the 2 spacers to go under the carpet, from Glynn Hopkin at the weekend.

Have to say that I'm a bit disappointed by the spacers - the one on the left either leaves a 1-2 inch gap down the left side or a similar one between it and the left edge of the tyre. More frustratingly, the right spacer is quite simply incomplete - there's a big gap at the rearmost part of the wheel, leaving a void approx 4-6 inches deep which the carpet sags down into if something's put on it.

They've also missed a trick by not supplying an insert for the inside of the wheel itself. The wheel lies upturned (concave side uppermost) which means that the centre of the boot carpet is completely unsupported.

Do those who've also gone down the space saver route have any fantastic tips as to what they do to fill the voids?
White 1.6 dCi 2WD Tekna via drivethedeal.com.
Still wishing they'd call it the Nissan Rogue.

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Did you order the "filler" pieces with the space saver?These are the part numbers:#84977-4EA0A Spacer Piece Right a‚¬25,20#84979-4EA0A Spacer Piece Left a‚¬24,00 The FAQ on this lists all the parts that can be ordered, but they must be ordered and do not come with when you order just the space saver wheel and tyre. http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... c1224.html As for the centre of the spare wheel - I don't think there is anything from factory that fits in, but I do see some pics where people have simply used the space for emergency tools. Would not be too difficult to look at getting some shaped polly to act as support,

SplanK2015-01-27 08:47:35
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

This link might help, might even be worth adding the FAQ?see this: uploads/773/Gmail_-_J11_Space_Saver_Kit.pdf
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Toxteth, as Splank has mentioned these parts have to be ordered to support the Carpet above the Spare Wheel Area to give no sagging. I ordered everything separately before the Nissan Kit came out and am completely happy with what we have. All the components have been checked and confirmed often and I believe that many Forum members have gone this way. The sides are supported by the Styropor parts below and the middle of the wheel is free but this is great as a place for tools, cables etc.Standard Compressor Kit Space : Space Saver Wheel (middle of wheel is free) Side Support 1 : Side Support 2 :
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Yes mine also fits ok with no sagging. Like Dave I put various parts in the wheel centre. Tow rope, first aid kit , cloths etc and there is no sagging.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

See above far, far less

This link might help, might even be worth adding the FAQ?see this: uploads/773/Gmail_-_J11_Space_Saver_Kit.pdf

Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Do not be mislead here, please Check the List mentioned above by Splank as you still need additional parts, Jack, Jack Handle and Centre Locking Nut for the Wheel to complete the Kit which puts the cost up - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]Do not be mislead here, please Check the List mentioned above by Splank as you still need additional parts, Jack, Jack Handle and Centre Locking Nut for the Wheel to complete the Kit which puts the cost up - Dave[/QUOTE]
The one (cheaper one no less is the Glyn Hopkins Nissan Kit that contains the following:Space Saver Wheel KitThis genuine Nissan space saver wheel kit is suitable for the new Nissan Qashqai J11E models only. A 16" wheel rim is used in conjunction with a 145/90/R16 tyre, sold seperately. The tyre size stated keeps the rolling radius as per original specification. In the case of a Qashqai with 17, 18" or 19" wheels, the space saver is within the required tolerance of the original full size wheel and tyre combo. The speed is restricted to 50mph when the space saver is installed and should only be used as a get home alternative.Nissan Qashqai (J11E) Space Saver Wheel Kit Contents*:16" Space Saver Spare Wheel - 40300JD07780 km/h Warning Label - 403539F500Clamp - 74810JY00AWheel Brace - 995454EA0AJack - 99550EY20AJack Handle - 99552EY10A*Two spacer pieces have been launched, which will install either side of the spare wheel to hold all the relevant tools supplied, sold seperately. See our Related Products tab above to select. Once the spare wheel and spacers are installed minimal boot space is lost, whilst still being able to use the original equipment flexi-board system. Note: Excludes space saver tyre, sold separately. See our Related Products tab above.SPECIAL OFFERBuy a Space Saver Wheel Kit & Tyre together online & we will fit the tyre to the rim free of charge* Suitable for the following Nissan cars:New Qashqai (J11E) 04/2014MY-*Image used for illustration purposes only.**Subject to change at anytime, without prior notice. All exported wheel kit & tyre combination orders will have the tyre supplied fitted, but deflated allowing for safe transportation.
Toxteth O'Grady

Post by Toxteth O'Grady »

Hi all

Thanks for your helpful comments. However, it is both the left and right spacers which I have bought and fitted. I bought the spare wheel kit, tyre and spacers. My boot now looks (once the carpet has been removed!) like Jon's clear photos.

The big void I'm talking about is at approx 4 o'clock on the tyre in Jon's photo - and you can see that he too has the same void. I can't understand why the right spacer couldn't have an end on it to fill that void - in the same way that the left spacer does re the equivalent void on the other side of the wheel (at 8 o'clock). I

Oh well - at least I'm not missing something silly in all of this!

Still love the car!
White 1.6 dCi 2WD Tekna via drivethedeal.com.
Still wishing they'd call it the Nissan Rogue.