Continental Tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I have read on the other QQ forum that Conti's. seem to need replacing at around 15k miles and at a fair old price as well.Could anyone who does fair mileages (Wheelie) add any comment to this, and as for having tyres fitted, puncture repairs etc. where did the fitter put the trolley jack. I know from watching my wheels being removed from a distance he did not put the jack under the official sill jacking point, so where can you put it?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I am on 10k now and just coming up to the 3mm nobbles on the fronts :( I mostly town drive with a enthusiasm though.I have jacked, using a hydraulic jack, of major suspension mounting locations before on some of my old cars... rightly or wrongly however! I suspect this is where tyre fitters jack from as their jacks are more universal and would be a royal pain in the arse to keep changing compatible heads for each sill type! Plus on older cars, the sill jacking points can often become weak with corrosion. I've read stories where people have used them on rather old cars only for the jack to punch through
tomo2001

Post by tomo2001 »

Hi Jon, mine has 14.5k on and as you saw on another thread my car was at the dealers today (mentioned my S4 not working fully). Went to pick car up and woman at the service desk said "by the way your front tyres are at 2.5mm".
Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dci Tekna
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

This thread has given me a headache. I used to run Continentals on a 13 year old Megane and they lasted around 30k miles. Id better start asking for overtime at work!
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Thanks for your input, I think we need to start looking for a quality tyre at a better price when the time comes for replacement. The only problem as I see it is the lack of manufacturers who offer an identically rated tyre
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
ivelina

Post by ivelina »

I have just come across this thread, having just agreed to replace my Continental tyres at barely 9.5k miles. Well,I feel better knowing that I am not the only one to get such poor mileage from them!
New Qashqai, 1.6 DCI Tekna, registered March 2014, 22500 miles on the clock
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

15K miles and counting (although they are having a break during the winter)
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

The Conti is a very good tacky or sticky tyre. The problem is that quality tyres that have rubber designed to hold the road better than average tends to have softer rubber that wears quicker.If you want tyres that wear really well, at the expense of not gripping as well and probably being noisier, then a budget Korean or Indian brand is for you. Personally I tend to compromise somewhere in the middle and sometimes favour Michelin tyres, but I'm not really fussy. Let's put it this way, I'm willing to pay a premium over the better Eastern brands for Michelin when they are available.Keep in mind that your use of the car has a large influence on tyre life. They will last much longer pounding up and down the M4 from Swindon to Carmarthen than if used mostly around Swindon town, and I do mean 'around' those roundabouts that infest Swindon.
Quacker2015-02-06 15:52:41
Brown18

Post by Brown18 »

Hi Folks.
I've often used Tyre Shopper in the past. Prompt service and fitting at National Tyres (if you have a branch nearby).
Just gone on the website and fitted and prices range from £168 [Pirelli"]] to £214 [Continental"]] http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/search/225-45-19/W/92
Hope this may be helpful to someone.
1.6 diesel. Acenta Plus 4WD. Blade Silver.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Costco Bridgestone for 19" rims £190