Continental Tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Michelin wins hands down then. That's me decided.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.

Jhare

Post by Jhare »

I may have mis-read the charts provided, but have also checked on the Michelin website. They state that they don't currently make 225/45 R19 tyres.
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T in Magnetic Red
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

MISSING PILOT TYRES:May have been non size specific review perhaps, so for us with 19" tyres looks like we haveto consider ones beneath it on table?Michelin site shows nowt for J11 QQ's, MYTYRES review below on Pirelli; Customer Ratings SCORPION VERDE:

Average based on 107 test results Grip in dry conditions Braking in dry conditions Grip in wet conditions Braking in wet conditions Driving comfort Internal noise level Tyre wear Fuel consumption Kilometres driven 10,387
Gel2015-02-10 17:20:50
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Just for Costco users.....they can only supply and fit Bridgestones for the Tekna/19' rims at a cost of approx £180 to £190. Hope this is of help.
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Cant see how you can quote safety really. Tyres are built a standard which applies to all.
Having watched a recent fifth gear programme they showed a car using continentals, cheap made in china ,and part worn. In the wet the cheapest china tyres pulled up 6 metres in front of continentals so what does that tell you ?
Simmo
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

All tyres have to meet a minimum standard as I understand it but they all have their own take on compound and tread design etc., plus each car is different so what works well on one vehicle may not be as good on a different make.Over many years of motoring in many different cars I have found Michelin to be excellent for wear but not always the quietest tyres. Goodyear have also done well for me. I had Bridgestones on an Xtrail and they were good but when I had the same on a Mini Countryman SD All4 they were very noisy.I am some way off of needing any tyres and will wait and see what is available at the time and check current reviews but tyres are one area I don't like to cut corners with (sorry about that) as my only contact with the road in sun, rain or snow are four small patches of rubber!
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

everyone has a choice and budget on tyres agreed. Tyres have ratings also for noise and grip. The NANKANG 225/45/r19/w96 @ £107 fitted by ASADA seems a good choice as its catagory C on both counts. For price and performance id say this would represent fantastic value not cutting corners.
Simmo
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Picking this back up as my tyres are getting 'twitchingly' low now. I have just hit the 3mm nobbles (10,500 miles) and I can feel they are starting to become a little twitchy in the wet! Has anybody deviated from the Conti's and gone with something a little cheaper, and how are they finding them? I am tempted with the Falken Azenis FK453. I have had very good experience with Falkens in the past, being used on the ~170bhp Primera, to the ~300hp 200sx. Recently fitted a set to the Micra as well. mytyres has them on for ~£135 fitted Anybody dared with the Nankangs yet?
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Range at ASDA seems to have expanded for this tyre of late: http://www.asdatyres.co.uk/225-45-19
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Levans1105

Post by Levans1105 »

Have any of you reported this issue to Nissan? Iv just taken mine in for a service and it wasn't until I checked the paperwork given to me that my tyres have worn heavily considering the mileage I have done (8500). I have reported to Nissan about the issue as this shouldnt be the case with such tyres, but having difficulty in getting them to understand the issue. The more people who raise it,the more likely we are to be heard and something be done about it. None of us want to,nore should have to be replacing tyres after such low mileage!
Would be great to have your feedback on this asap as due to go back to Nissan tomorrow.
Thanks