Spare Tyre / Gunk / Jack etc

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Having 4 punctures in 5 years is just unfortunate and I appreciate some people have different needs based on their personal circumstances regardless as to what that maybe however I don't see why people are moaning and bitching about Nissan's decision to package the car without a spare wheel, you could have worked it into the deal when you purchased the car, bought it as a separate item, or not bought the car based on the lack of spare wheel! [quote"]]Same thing happens now with the QQ and I'll have to call out the RAC, the gunk is useless if the puncture is over 4mm or if it's a side wall problem in which case it's usually a very long wait to get a recovery arranged for the car and a lot of added expense for the RAC or driver if he's not got any roadside assistance. At least with the space saver I would be guaranteed of getting home safely and with the minimum of delay and expense..[/quote"]] Fix: Go and order one then!! Its not as though they are not available at all!

lythamlife

Post by lythamlife »

SplanK wrote: Having 4 punctures in 5 years is just unfortunate and I appreciate some people have different needs based on their personal circumstances regardless as to what that maybe however I don't see why people are moaning and bitching about Nissan's decision to package the car without a spare wheel, you could have worked it into the deal when you purchased the car, bought it as a separate item, or not bought the car based on the lack of spare wheel! [quote"]Same thing happens now with the QQ and I'll have to call out the RAC, the gunk is useless if the puncture is over 4mm or if it's a side wall problem in which case it's usually a very long wait to get a recovery arranged for the car and a lot of added expense for the RAC or driver if he's not got any roadside assistance. At least with the space saver I would be guaranteed of getting home safely and with the minimum of delay and expense..[/quote"] Fix: Go and order one then!! Its not as though they are not available at all!
I had no idea that the car didn't have a spare or spacesaver until I read this thread but as far as I'm concerned I simply wanted to know what options I had and at least I now know.

lythamlife2014-04-27 00:23:59
1.2 DIG-T Tekna in Pearl Black - Current expected delivery date is 13 May 2014 - actually delivered in April.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Agread but anyone though this is a large family car, people normaly camp in them and use them to tow trailers even caravansLow kerb weight actualy removes that marketTo me and im not saying Nissan ALL the manufacures are just cost cutting, if they were doing it to save weight the space savers wouldnt be the money they areA vauxhall space saver kit when ordered with new car just under £100, Nissan have doubled that
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I don't know, maybe. Vaux are subsidising the space saver compared to other car manufacturers... And nissan have never really been known for cheap parts.... I mean, just take a quick look at the price of the optional extras should show you.

But again, the arguments for that are irrelevant as everybody has to opportunity to research the car and have full access to demo cars and questions to the sales guys. Those that ordered without doing research or asking the right questions can't really moan. Even when getting the car delivered and you inspect it there is chance for you to still negotiate.

But my main point is that this thread seems to have gone from being informative to people just having a dig at Nissan about a product they are selling that they have packaged which isn't going to get you anywher. If you want or need a space saver, then go and buy one. For those still waiting, consider replacing bling with a space saver instead if it bothers you that much!.. You didn't have to buy the car, you could have gone to another manuf instead!

Sorry for any typos, currently on the train back from London!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Splank, whether you are on a train or not nicely put. I tend to also read and research what is available and what can be done to any new car we buy. I always give the Dealer a list with pics if possible and then ask for a quotation on part or Package costs. I know he thinks I am a pain in the butt but what the hell it is our car. When the agreement has been made we place an order. OK we missed the boat a bit regarding deliveries now Aug. but we will get what we want - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Agrea I sound hard on NissanIm not im an absolute lover in there product and unlike some my dealers a fantastic guyAgrea fully with the research and not thinking about things, i suppose if your always local and use car during day then theres no problems lolIm determined not to say how long ago i last got a puncture as I know i will just jinx myself but the car was new and mondeos had just made a 6 speed gearbox lol
korky

Post by korky »

As requested some pictures

This is the gunk and compressor currently in the boot

The boot liner in case anyone is thinking of getting

Now no issues with putting anything here - not sure if there are any weight restrictions but these are two boards that can be taken away

One board away - now I wouldn't put anything in the uncovered part of the boot at the moment

Both boards removed, whilst the carpet looks flush and sturdy (well it is flush) BUT the front sides sink if you apply any pressure

Space saver in place - reason for sides sinking is as at the moment I don't have the spacers

Poor pic apologies but trying to show the thickness of the tyre which sits about 1-2inches higher than the boots chassis

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Korky, thanks for your efforts on this subject. These pics are something that can be discussed with our Dealer. The pics look great to me, OK to show the height difference is a bit awkward unless you have a Bendy Body. Great Job - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Korky, Sorry just another question could you confirm exactly if these are Nissan parts and if yes the Part No. They look like Nissan as there is a Continental tyre fitted - Thanks Again Dave
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Korky - impressive set of pictures that clearly shows the issues involved. I guess that I am very fortunate for it not to appear as a problem for me. My mileage is not great, even if I do have a 1.6, but the automatic was important for our family. We rarely travel more than 50 miles away from the house and even if we did break-down I really doubt it would be seen as the inconvenience it would obviously be for some here. Never did like the 'What if' questions, apart from being uncomfortable they often lead to totally unnecessary legislation and such.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.