Check pressures even when new.

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Fleurdelyes
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Fleurdelyes »

A quick question with regards to tyre pressures.... I have a 66 plate with the tyre pressure indicator on the dash..... great. When am I supposed to check the physical pressures ? I've tried doing then cold which is when they should be checked but then after a short drive the indication is that they are at least 3 or 4 psi too high !!
When should I set the pressure ? What does the calibrate feature actually do as I cant seem to see any difference having calibrated then cold at the correct pressures ?

david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Always check cold ..tyres will go up as you drive by around 3 or 4 lbs mine are set to show 33/30 after a 3 mile run which is as far as I go.... and tyre repair at Kwik fit for £21 my last one 3 weeks ago was £6 on my daughters focus....shop around.....david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
switchback

Post by switchback »

I think "cold" is 21 degrees ambient temp with a tyre that's still cold(not driven). Virtually impossible to achieve most of the year.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

21 degrees is summer up here if we are lucky I agree with you.....david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car