225x45x19 tyres tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

i have been serching for a better tyre than the continental conti sport contact 5 225/45 r19 fr
this tyre to as E for econamy fuel and brill A in wet conditions and a bad 71 DB noisewise

in my serches i found dunlop sport maxx rt 225x45 r19 MFS-RT/225-34-R10-92-W-MFS.HTML

The spec C for econamy fuel and brill A in wet conditions and only 67 DB (decibels noise) the MFS means there is a protector on the side wall to protect the expensive tecna alloy wheels another tyre i eas looking at is hancook some people say other tyres cheap are good but for me my next ones will be the quiet dunlop summer tyres although i am in spain the north at xmas can be cold and wet before changeing a make of tyres i think its best to see the statistics first eh?
brian

jstallan

Post by jstallan »

I'd place some form of priority on those ratings and performance in the wet would be tops. From what I've seen, the rating of fuel economy hasn't got much between them so I ignore that and as for noise I'd probably place that for as a 2nd priority (although the type of road surface can make the quietest tyre noisy)
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

brianthelian, our German QQ was delivered in 08/14 with these Dunlop Tyres as Std. and personally I have never had a Problem yet with them whether Rain, Cornering, Braking, Quietness etc, but everybody has a mind of their own and your opinion might be completely different.

Try using the "Search" Facility as there was a lot of discussions in 2014 on this subject of Tyres. For Instance see this attachment and just a comment on tyres it might help you - Hopefully Dave ;)

http://qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... res#p12084

Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 225/45 R19 92W
Speed index W: 168 mph/270 km/h
Advantages: Excellent wet grip / Shorter braking distances / Ideal for sporty driving.
Tyre Description : Motorsport grip and braking for a dynamic driving experience :
Exceptional grip on wet and dry, enhanced cornering control, shorter braking at motorway speeds and fuel-efficient design. The SportMaxx RT introduces new technologies derived from motorsport like the adaptive compound to provide a tyre that is a champion in grip and braking. Its grip on dry roads will outclass any rival.
Technology (Features):
Adaptive compound for a "racing' grip and improved braking performances.
Massive outer shoulder block for increased stability and better handling when cornering.
New "power braking' blocks for a shorter braking distance especially at high speed.
Low Weight Construction, for improved Rolling Resistance performances.
Consumer benefits:
Great steering response at high speeds.
Ultimate grip in wet conditions.
Excellent acceleration and braking performance.

Very good control on dry and wet surfaces.

Bridgestone DUELER H/P SPORT 225/45 R19 92W

Speed Index W: 168 mph/270 km/h

The Dueler H/P Sport tyre lives up to the high performance standards of your premium Sport Truck or SUV.
The non-vent design and aggressive look of the sidewall fit the sleek lines of these imposing vehicles. In fact, the Dueler H/P Sport tyre is an Original Equipment choice in the category. Expect the tops in wet performance with a power traction combination of UNI-T technology and high silica content to let you drive with confidence in changing road conditions.

Continental SportContact 5 225/45 R19 92W

Speed Index W: 168 mph/270 km/h

Unlimited driving fun thanks to excellent grip. The new Conti Sport Contact 5 control has never been sportier.
With the launch of the ContiSportContacta„? 5, Continental has developed a tyre which is equally suitable for sporty cars + SUVs with sporty driving characteristics. With this new development, the tyre engineers have made significant progress in camparison to the popular predecessor.
Excellent road grip and safety when cornering.
Reduced fuel consumption and high mileage. This was made possible due to a new compound which focuses on maximum power transmission and provides low rolling resistance whilst driving normally. This rubber compound which carries the name "BlackChilli" uses the various vibrations of the tyre.

Highlights: Safety shorter stopping distance / Performance excellent / Handling / High mileage potential / Environment fuel efficient
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

just a quickey without the proper rateings the publicity doesnt apeal to me why dont these reports give the oficial fuel wet and decibels? seems incomplete to advertise so ? brian
brian
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I have Dunlop sport winter tyres and find them very good. Excellent fuel economy, very uiet and good in the wet.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze