Snow chains and clearance issues

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
mikeyboy123

Post by mikeyboy123 »

Hi,

I'm driving down to the Alps in my 61 plate QQ+2 on April 2nd.

I don't expect I'll actually need to use snow chains, as I would expect the roads all the way up to Les Menuires to be clear at that time of year. However, I understand that I will need to carry a set to comply with regulations.

So, I'm gonna get some and have been reading up on them and have come across the clearance issue. Not sure I fully understand what the issue is, but does anyone know if this is something I need to worry about or can I just go ahead and get some standard chains? My tyre size is 215/60/17. Or, alternatively, if no-one is able to say definitively, how can I find out if it is an issue with my car?

Grateful for any advice.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

mikey... try using the "Search" Box Top LH Corner and just enter "Snow Chain" and some info' will pop up from previous Posts which might help you - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken