Tekna wheels to Black

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I have had the wheels inspected for the white worm developing around the non kerbed outer rims, and the conclusion is the damage has been caused by water getting behind the AlloyGaytors.
I have been advised the best, cheapest and long term solution would be, repair, and powder coat in glossy black.

Looking at samples the finish will look superb and suit the white QQ very well, giving a mean sporty look. However a lesson to be learned is do not fit AlloyGaytors to Diamond cut wheel's, it will ruin them over time.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, thanks for this honest information on Alloygators. As you know We were going to fit the US "Rim Rinz" (still in the cellar) but they did not look right or fit correctly. I have been still weighing up whether to fit Alloygators but now it is on "Hold" permanently.
Incidentally we keep looking at the BM's & MB's SUV's in White over here with the Black Gloss Alloys and they look superb so they should suit your QQ. Please keep us in the picture if you go ahead - Thanks again Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, just out of interest this is a photo of a Powered Coated Wheel in Black that F1-Bob posted - Dave ;)

image.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Thank's again Dave. The car is booked in for the 11th April and of course I will upload a photo or two when completed.

There is a selection of photos on the Nissan site fitted with black alloys, this was my main reason for going this route.

For anyone else interested, providing there is no wheel damage to repair. I was quoted £60 PER wheel which includes shot blast, primer, heat baking, etch coat, then final powder coat and second bake
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Roadie

Post by Roadie »

jonceebee wrote:Thank's again Dave. The car is booked in for the 11th April and of course I will upload a photo or two when completed.

There is a selection of photos on the Nissan site fitted with black alloys, this was my main reason for going this route.

For anyone else interested, providing there is no wheel damage to repair. I was quoted £60 PER wheel which includes shot blast, primer, heat baking, etch coat, then final powder coat and second bake
Thanks for the warning jonceebee, i wonder what they would charge to mask the wheel up and spray the Diamond cut sections silver.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, I thought I had read something before on your "Worm" Problem. This is what I found on the Alloygator Website so it appears your Findings are correct. The Wheels will look good until the Worm starts and you remove them - Dave
So what does that mean Install or Not ?

image.jpeg

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

The wheels do look good in black. Have others had issues after fitting alloygators or similar products ?

Second question has anyone bought specific alloy wheel insurance. I note some insurance does not cover diamond cut wheels Feedback appreciated
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
paulyoung666

Post by paulyoung666 »

Seen quite a few at the factory with them fitted , I reckon they look good in gloss black !!!
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

mail order service, wheel refurbs:
http://www.lepsons.com/prices/
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Well the wheels have been done in black, the mess the AlloyGaytors had made was horrific, so I would advise anyone to stay clear,

This is how the new look QQ appears at the moment.

QQ Black WheelsSmall.jpg