Rear brake discs after 25k 22 months

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

chrisw99 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:45 am This is the tool that 3rd parties use for releasing EPBs. Nissan are indeed absent from the vehicle list in the EPB section...

https://www.trwaftermarket.com/globalas ... -9.0.0.pdf
Really annoying to find Nissan missing from a list that contains the likes of Audi, Jaguar, BMW and Mercedes.
2019 1.3 Tekna Dig-T 160 (Automatic)
2014 1.6 dCi Tekna CVT Bronze Metallic - delivered 9/7/14

teknaken

Post by teknaken »

chrisw99 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:40 am It is quite worrying if they say 85% when only 25%, are they just saying that to make a quick buck selling you something you don't actually need? Maybe you need a third opinion to see which is most likely correct.

I hope you can get a refund on the 3rd party set you bought.
That might be an idea. I would be reluctant to return to Nissan on only a second opinion. In fact if I can get it done cheaply enough I might even have the pads physically measured.

I won't bother trying to obtain a refund on the Mintex set I have bought. Hopefully by the time they are needed Nissan might have released the relevant software.
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

Just wondering if any of our European members (Germany, Denmark etc) know if Nissan have released the diagnostic software in their countries.
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

I want to broaden this discussion so I am starting a new topic that I will label - Are Nissan being anti-competitive?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris / Teknaken, the point was raised whether Germany had information on this software. I have looked around and it appears the EPB System for the QQ is a development from TRW. The list that Chris posted appears to be very old as the options for Nissan were mostly up to 2006 and other manufacturers vehicles were also well out of date so that does not appear to be a Nissan problem but a TRW update problem, but regarding the software - nothing !
I found some interesting articles though that might be of interest to you - so sorry I tried but failed Dave :)

http://pmmonline.co.uk/technical/how-el ... diagnosis/

IMG_3903.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:33 am Chris / Teknaken, the point was raised whether Germany had information on this software. I have looked around and it appears the EPB System for the QQ is a development from TRW. The list that Chris posted appears to be very old as the options for Nissan were mostly up to 2006 and other manufacturers vehicles were also well out of date so that does not appear to be a Nissan problem but a TRW update problem, but regarding the software - nothing !
I found some interesting articles though that might be of interest to you - so sorry I tried but failed Dave :)

http://pmmonline.co.uk/technical/how-el ... diagnosis/

IMG_3903.JPG
Thanks for that Dave.
I've been to a supplier of Diagnostic Equipment and no EPB software for the QQ. I contacted the workshop that I took the QQ to for further clarification. All functions relevant to the QQ are available (climate control, ABS, etc) the exception being the EPB so no way to wind the callipers back.
I am really annoyed about this. I have new discs and pads but am unable to have them fitted GGrrrrr!!!!****@@@@

Post by 298 »

Rundmc wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:34 pm Hi,

Just had my second service at 25k and two years since registration and Nissan advised both rear discs need replacing and pads. Can understand pads but would have thought discs would have lasted longer.

If one of the discs is worn is it normal practice to replace both ? They have advised £269 to do this which I wasn't expecting and classed as a wear and tear item so not covered under warranty.
I've just had a 3yr service at 18k, and an urgent request to change both front and rear pads and discs due to corrosion. We're basically not driving it aggressively or often enough, yet the rear pads were 50% worn and the fronts 25%. I told them I'd get a second opinion, and if anything was due to substandard manufacture I'd be back in touch.

Needless to say it passed its MoT.
2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium in Gunmetal Grey.
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

i have today found an independent workshop able to replace rear discs and pads and reset EPB.
The equipment used is a Bosch KTS 2016 diagnostic tester.

It was demonstarated to me plugged into my QQ. All looks good so the work is scheduled to be undertaken on Tuesday.
switchback

Post by switchback »

My Qashqai went in for its 2nd service yesterday and they changed the corroded rear discs and pads under warranty after clearing it with Nissan. 22,000 miles. All 4 tyres also need changing soon.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

Just to make some people jealous, I have had my third service and first MOT at 49,000 miles and still on the original pads and discs.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.