Alloygators

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

Watched the rimringz installation video, its so simple to install and anyone can do.Saves the cost of fitter.19" available for £64.50 +£9.99 shipping. Just not sure which one will look good on my storm white tekna.
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sudhir, I would suggest you take a look at the pics of the QQ from jonceebee. He has the white AG's fitted and it looks Classy as somebody mentioned like an Old American White Walled Tire. We have decided on the Black Rim Ringz for the Tekna Std Wheels which I suppose is a little more conservative and there is a local supplier near Berlin. As you mentioned these do appear to be simplier and easier to install - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

Thanks Dave.
Unfortunately rim dealer website in UK does not have white one in 19".
Will wait to see if in next few weeks they update their stock.
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

There is a slight advantage with AlloyGaytors. If you do kerb the Gaytor they supply a special re-cutting tool which allows you to cut the plastic back to the original shape taking out the damage and making it look like new. I have tried this on a spare piece of Gaytor they give you. I rubbed it against some concrete, badly damaged it and the tool brought it back as original.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
iMike

Post by iMike »

Hi Jonceebee, do you have any photos face on to the wheel, as id like to see how much of the face of the wheel they take up, hopefully to help me choose a colour.Thanks in advance
1.2DiGT Tekna Storm white, Premium chrome pack
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

The tyre pressure monitor on the rear offside wheel showed a drop in pressure down to 24 and I discovered a screw in the tread which was causing a slow puncture. I inflated back to 2psi above recommendations and drove to the tyre company who fitted my AlloyGaytors. He then found another screw in the front offside wheel which he pulled out in situ and that was also a punctured leak, so off came two wheels.It was interesting to see there was no damage what so ever to the wheel rim so it could be safely said that AlloyGaytors do not cause any damage or corrosion to diamond cut wheels. Both wheels were plugged to BSI standards and Nitrogen inflated, the AlloyGaytors went back in with no problems and I drove away pretty happy although £36 pounds lighter in the wallet.What was also interesting was a comment that the fitter made about Continental tyres, saying they always seem to be more prone to punctures than most other types, has anyone else a comment on this? What was of concern is these are my first punctures in fifteen years or so whilst previously driving company cars doing over 33k miles per year, two tyres punctured in less than 6k miles is either very unlucky or could be something to do with wheel/tyre size.
jonceebee2014-09-30 13:19:40
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

As per my post on this or the other forum, I' had 5 punctures in the first 15,000 miles of ownership of my 2014 QQ running the OEM Continentals. Only suffered the one blow-out in 140,000 miles on my Ford S-Max running Michelins. Have to concur, Conti's do seem to be a lot softer in their compound. Touch wood I've now been puncture free for the last 4,000 miles... he says with baited breath!EDIT... Interstingly (or not!) all five punctures were on nearside wheels and I don't tend to drive in the gutter at all so?Wheelie Bealie2014-09-30 13:26:38
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Jhare

Post by Jhare »

It could be down to the financially struggling local authorities not cleaning up the streets as much as they used to do. Not had a puncture on my QQ yet, but getting punctures on our work vehicles far more regularly. They are all Goodyear tyres.
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T in Magnetic Red
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

PUNCTURES:I don't have a spare, but have been concerned to read elsewhere that using the repair compound supplied to get you home/ to Tyre Depot will always cause tyre to need replacing..which IS expensive. Wonder if the Nissan Breakdown cover would cover towing to the nearest Tyre depot or getting a mobile tyre fitter to you to do a puncture repair.Obviously not possible if in wall or certain other areas of tread.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

The RAC actually suggest NOT to use the tyre gunk! They will either tow you to the nearest Kiwk fit (although they may take you somewhere else if you ask nicely), OR they will supply you with an RAC "universal" spare which you can return to Kiwk fit.