Rust on Brakes - 3 Week Old Car

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Aj,

Do you go over a lot of sleeping policemen, rough roads etc? I belive the QQ applies the rear brakes going over these to smooth out the ride.
AJW01 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:48 pm How did you get on at the dealer? I think Nissan have an issue with some disks. I have been told my rear disks QQ 2014 Tekna needed replacing after 2 years and 18,000 miles. The Dealer told me corrosion is not coveted under warranty but won't admit the material they used might be faulty. The front disks are like new. I would keep lots to photographic evidence and note every time you mention it to the dealer. It might also be best to put your complaint in writing so there is no dispute of who said what and when.

Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

Not really sure what the fuss is here, 3 week old car only done 200 miles that is a lot of sitting on the drive this car has done. Looking at that rust it is only top rust not deep eating rust, you can see it is more like a coat of dust.
I take it that car as it has only done 200 miles has not seen a jet wash.
All it takes to make the discs rust on the edges like that is a couple of damp nights so does not need to be winter could be morning dew and as you say you live in Brighten yes not right by the sea but you still have more salt in the air than a city would do.
Salt damp air means rust.
When ever I park my car in airport car parking for a couple of weeks finding rust on discs is very common and I am not just talking about the rims.

This looks to me as a classic case of car left standing but the problem is it is brand new and we all know we spot things wrong with our new cars and see the problem as massive.

When you get your first minor door dink it is massive and every time you look it looks really bad, but your mates can not even see it.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

That is normal for discs to show rust after standing and perhaps being subject to moist air. The old drum brakes in the past also used to have rust inside them but you couldn't see it. I think the problem is that the discs are very visible in these wheels so they are more noticeable when approaching the vehicle. I noticed my new car was like that at the dealers and another new car nearby was the same. When I drive away I use the brakes gently at first which will remove the rust each time and prevent scouring of the discs.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.