Tyre Costs 2017

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

And Continental will love you for it.

But for the rest of us, we will probably choose a brand on affordability, performance or both and not just a name.

You know what they say, a fool and his money are easily parted. Although I admire your resolve in sticking to your guns no matter what experts or knowledgeable people will tell you. As they say, it is your money, or at least it WAS your money :lol:

crewmeal wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:57 pm I've just paid £145 at Kwik fit for a Continental 215 - 55 - 18. They now charge £14.99 for a tyre fitting package plus tracking of £49.95. Grand total £209-94.

As far as I'm concerned the car came with Continentals so I'll replace them like for like.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Still much cheaper than 225x45x19 96w's.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
crewmeal

Post by crewmeal »

You know what they say, a fool and his money are easily parted.
I'm no fool when it comes to parting with my money. The circumstances were that I needed a new tyre straight away and they were the only ones in my area who could supply one. Also it's my choice which brand I choose and as far as I'm concerned Continentals will do very well thank you. I do not feel mixing brands is necessarily a good idea.

Thank you for your curt remarks they were not helpful.
Unsure which Red - 2015 1.6dci - N-Tec + usual extras including panoramic sun roof.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

When I had a puncture and no Continental was in stock, the tyre fitters supplied a Michelin Premacy 3. I was dubious about mixing brands, but it had no ill-effects and seems quieter and harder wearing than the Contis. It appears to have better ratings, too.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Crewmeal, it is your decision on what Tyre you fit to your QQ whether it be a Cheaply obtained Continental or an expensive one but naturally of the equivalent size and quality. Also not mixing is a good point when buying one. What should always be considered is the Quality and Safety of the Tyre. You can obviously ask for advice on Tyres here but at the end of the day the final choice is yours. We had Conti's on our Juke and stuck with them and on the QQ we have Dunlop's but did never mix -Dave ;)
Take a look at this attachment on "Mixing of Tyres" from Continental :)

http://www.continental-tyres.co.uk/car/ ... exikon-3-4
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken