ISOFIX Anchor Point Misalignment Query

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Hi folks, not sure if I've picked the right forum here but i have an Isofix Anchor Point query here:

For the first time today i tried to fix MaxiCosi infant car seat base unit to Isofix anchor points in location directly behind drivers seat.

I already have a child's Recaro isofix seat fixed in position behind front passenger seat no problem

I couldn't fit the base unit and when I looked, the anchor points do not appear to align correctly. one of them appears further recessed than the other making it impossible to engage both the isofix seat connector. only one connects. I am pretty sure its not the base unit as I lifted it out of our other car to attach the QQ today.

i have attached a basic picture which I hope shows the disparity and wondered if anyone else had experienced a similar issue? The three pictures are the left side (looks normal), the right side(where it seems set further back and raised towards the plastic housing ) and a full picture showing how only one anchor point is visible.

My concern is that these anchor points are welded onto the chassis (so I believe) so if there is a flaw somewhere it is not an easy fix.

I've nonetheless booked it into a dealer to get an assessment but wanted to canvas this forum for opinion.

thanks

Steve

QQIsofix.png

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Always try searching first in TOP LEFT search box;
see previous post
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5254&p=47303&hilit=isofix#p47303
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Hi Gel. Thats my own previous post about something else - the seatbelt buckle height when using an Isofix seat - not the IsoFix anchor points. This is a different question.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The anchor points are bolted to the car, not welded, so theoretically they should be positioned correctly. It is possible that the brackets are different lengths according to their placement and the wrong bracket has been placed in that position.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Another thought, is your seat actually seated correctly? In your photo the seat base looks to be positioned lower down than on the other side. Maybe tge actual sear base in the car is incorrectly fitted.
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Thanks gvmdaddy. That's really useful to know re bolting and not welding. I also hadn't thought about the actual QQ seat itself being at fault. I'll put both your points to the dealer next Tuesday when i take it in and post back what they say.
delmo

Post by delmo »

Hi, did this ever get resolved? My new QQ arrived today and I've got exactly the same problem - one of the isofix bars in the rear of car is not in line with the other.
Rhino2k

Post by Rhino2k »

Mine is the same, All I did was flip the clip and it goes on (basically put it on upside down).

The buckle issue is very annoying but I think this may have a reason now I have thought about it, To avoid buckle crunch!
Hjwalker
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Hjwalker »

Did this get resolved? Ours seem to be completely misaligned and we can’t get the seat to clip into place! As you can see in the picture the guides won’t even go into place properly, it’s like the holes are too far right compared to the anchor points! Any help please?! It’s driving us mad!!

77A41D4A-8A23-4C70-B411-CE706B5E5D35.jpeg

petehind84
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by petehind84 »

did you remove the seat base to look at the concern?

the isofix brkt shouldn't be used as a guide to fit the seat base. there are x2 hooks at the front (underneath) of the seat base which engage into floor of the car - removing the seat base will have probably broken them.

the seat base should be pushed backwards with reasonable force - then ONLY if the seat base is central + tucked under the seat back's should you firmly push down (either the right or left) until you hear a click. then repeat firmly pushing down on whatever side you haven't pushed down yet.

as for the isofix - you will find the hole around the isofix has a bit of play.