Tekna Wheels - "White Worms"

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
KeithS
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by KeithS »

Could I ask how you went about claiming if Dealer isn't on board? Or with any replacement, was dealer on board straight away?
My Qashqui, under warranty, has 'white worms' on every spoke on every alloy, brought to my dealer and they said not covered as 'slight penetration' on every wheel. Absolutely not the case.
I contacted Nissan they said they go by dealer findings - end of.
So FRUSTRATED
Also, what's NCU?

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

A well known issue, and why there's 4 forum pages devoted to it.
I've sent you message re e mail for office with Nissan Directors's team that deals with complaints.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Keith, firstly welcome to the Forum. This “White Worm“ problem does not appear to come up a lot with newer QQ‘s as it is normally a problem as mentioned here from installing “Alligators” or “Kerbing” and then the “White Worm” sets in.

You say you have contacted Nissan, did you do this by phone or in writing ?. Just a Tip all my complaints whether to the Dealer or Nissan are documented. You should send a complaint with your details / pics etc.... to NCS (Nissan Customer Service) then they raise a Complaint No. which you should then be notified of by email. This then goes on file, then the Dealer is normally informed. The tendency out here also is that you are passed onto the Dealer, but they can raise the complaint also and contact Nissan.
Have you tried another Nissan Dealer, if not you might just have raise you voice at a convenient time at your Dealers or go to the MD. There should be NO penetration on New wheels. We have had 2 QQ’s and never had this problem but have seen it.
Best of Luck keep at it hope this helps - Dave 😉

Here is one way for Nissan to get your money - Insurance !
SMART PROTECT & COMPLETE WHEEL INSURANCE : https://www.nissanfinanceuk.com/insurance/

This is not Nissan but interesting :
Diamond Cut Alloys Corrosion Issues and Warranty : https://www.smartautorepairs.co.uk/diam ... -warranty/

How the Manufacturer avoids replacing Diamond Cut Alloys under warranty :
“The warranty period varies dependant on who the manufacturer is. A few years ago alloys would come under the body warranty and not the trim, giving you 3 -5 years warranty. More recently we have found that alloys are now coming under the trim warranty giving you 12 months warranty which is conveniently far less than the body warranty. We feel the manufacturers have found a way of getting rid of their problem of having to replace these alloys under warranty by placing them under the trim section.”
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

I had a wheel replaced under warranty. Try a different dealer?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I've had all my wheels replaced over several years. Dealer sorted it without a problem. Was Peterborough Nissan
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

Agree try a different dealer, as just before my three years were up in Sept had MoT done early and had some other warranty work done on drivers seat, but at the same time under Warranty gave me three new alloys as these had White Worm.
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.
fbgqashqai

Post by fbgqashqai »

I got all 4 wheels replaced by Nissan at the 2 year point of ownership as white worm on all wheels emanating from the wheel centre. No curbing or other marks on the wheels. When I had them replaced under warranty I asked if the wheel design had been changed to preclude further problems. Answer was no and here I am at the 3 year point i.e. out of warranty and 2 are showing signs of white worm again! Worth pressing for replacement but don't expect a long term fix.
fbgqashai 2017 J11a N Connecta 1.5DCi in Silver