Tekna Wheels - "White Worms"

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
peter212693

Post by peter212693 »

Might be worth just the risk if they dont cover them! They did say though something about a video they take when the cars for service so might notice if they play the videos back haha. Not sure what the official word on it is as I do "own" the car but not legally till so much is paid.

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

IMHO, diamond cut wheels are one of the worst things to have happened in terms of modern design trend on new cars.

They look great whilst new, but are an absolute pain to maintain and as above, any slight damage to the lacquer results in unsightly marks appearing.

Mine on my QQ have also gone, and the Pulsar I am getting in its place still has diamond cut wheels so chances are in a couple of years, they are going to be taken off, refurbished but painted instead.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, I think as you mentioned the Diamond Cut Wheels look really nice until the coming together with a Kerb. I must admit I cheat by tending to use the Camera when parking. The option that F1Bob (photo) & Jonceebee carried out with the Black Powder Coating is an option I think I would take if ours ever got into a mess (now almost 3 years) - Dave :)

IMG_2104.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

My QQ wheels have been no where near a curb, yet they have started to go, oddly towards the centre point!
peter212693

Post by peter212693 »

Getting temped by the spraying of them. Might ask the dealer what would happen at the end of the PC deal if it goes back to them.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

You guys may be interested in this called Palstidip.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/QUALITY-PLASTI ... B00X9S3PG6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlyB3FbYRRs

Easier than conventional spraying & it can be pealed off at a later date if it gets damaged or you decide on a change.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

I've got the issue on my 32 month old car. Only on one rear wheel but its is occurring all around that one, so its certainly not down to damage. I didn't mention it when the car went in to have the air-con fault diagnosed the other day. It was the service receptionist that saw it and said that she would take pictures of it and put a claim in to Nissan for me.

Haven't heard anything yet as to whether either issue has been passed for warranty work. I'm more concerned with the aircon than with the wheel.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

SplanK wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:53 pm My QQ wheels have been no where near a curb, yet they have started to go, oddly towards the centre point!
Having two of mine replaced under warranty tomorrow for the exact same reason - no hassle from Nissan

Thankfully, one of them had kerbing damage on the outside of the rim - as it's going back within a week that'll be one less thing for them to pick up on!
GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

Nissan changed three of mine at 12months with this issue. No wheel had been curbed.
peter212693

Post by peter212693 »

Thats good to hear. Nissan when I contacted them direct pretty much fobbed me off. Its due due for a service in March so I will get the dealer to take some photos and see if I can get them replaced.