Tyres fitted from factory

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

As most will be aware tyre choice is a touchy subject, bust also most will say if you have the 19" rims and have the continental contisportcontact 5 the tyre wear is pretty poor, although they are a very good tyre!

Now I was at my local dealer the other day and they have the new facelift 2017 QQ, so I looked at what tyres they have fitted, Michelin pilotsport 4 on a 19" rim. Is this a better tyre for wear? Nissan finally admitting a wear issue.

I also saw quite a few brand new current shape QQ that they had in stock (like 30 of them!!) but here's what got me, I know on the 19" rims they either fit Continental or Dunlop sportmax which is what I saw but I also seen a few with Bridgestone dueler h/p sport. Now the speed rating on these were the same as the Continental, Dunlop and Michelin, but the load rating was a 92 on the Bridgestone and 96 on the rest. The max load on the 92 is 630kg and 96 is 710kg.

I would like to fit the Bridgestone dueler next as they have a lot of built in rim protection and also I know quite a few 4x4 people with these tyres fitted to trucks and the wear rate is brilliant, like 50-60k and my old bosses Toyota hilux did 110,000k on a set!

What are your thoughts and please don't go off topic!

Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

I have Bridgestone on my 2017 Tekna. Not sure of the exact spec as I didn't look too close to be honest. I had Bridgestone Dueler 689's on my X-Trail and I think in 11 years and 220000km I only bought 6 tyres. It is a great tyre and I used it all year round down here in Bavaria for the first 9 years but then treated myself to a set of real Winter tyres which are Dunlop Winter Sport 5's, which, rather handily will fit my new Qashqai.

Having read all the comments about the wear on Continental tyres I am glad I have the Bridgestone.
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dig-T in Pearl White with Panoramic Roof. Westfalia detachable/hidden tow bar system.
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Interestingly the sticker inside the drivers door says for the 19" rim 92w and 96w. Can you please let me know what Bridgestone tyre you have fitted, what spec they are also? Cheers
Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

They are Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport 225/45R19 92W tyres. The tread pattern is nothing like the 689s as they are all year tyres and these on the Qashqai are summer only.
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dig-T in Pearl White with Panoramic Roof. Westfalia detachable/hidden tow bar system.