Alloy Rimband help

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Johnafclifford
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Johnafclifford »

Dear all, after a tyre fitter did not take care on fitting a new tyre to the tekna alloy, I now have only 3 Rimbands ( not rim blades ) fitted to the 19inch tekna alloys.. They are black rubber and fit between the alloy and onto the edge of the wheel.
Rim blades who make them will not supply 1, they direct you to Nissan or Renault , the dealers if they stock them say no - Renault actually said no, then yes st a cost of £85 for a pack of 4 . The distributor said yes but pack of 4 only - same price.nissan was never heard of them & no part number available do no - Nissan Swindon .

I know a lot of people actually remove these & do not like them - I am the opposite - does anyone have one new or used ( as they are reusable ) for a 19 alloy I can buy via PayPal from them . The tyre fitter has offered to refit for free - um - thankful for small mercies -- I did have the argument with him...but he was a lot bigger than me ...:-)....

Any help very appreciated, all the best

John

switchback

Post by switchback »

Take them off before they start corroding the diamond cut alloys like mine have.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I'd be talking to the tyre fitter's manager or someone further up the company tree if you want the replacement paid for and fitted at their expense. But I'd also heed switchback's advice!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Johnafclifford

Post by Johnafclifford »

I did have a word, when the rim bend was presented broken back to me - but it was all a big ' no ' etc... Not the best experience,... Here's hoping someone replies and says got one ...used or new.... If people are taking them off...please shout this way !!
Johnafclifford

Post by Johnafclifford »

Dear all, the search goes on...still not located one....anyone with a 19in rimband....please reply ...any leads ...appreciated...

Ever hopeful,

JC